“It was clean but the elevator had issues not working...”

Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oakdale
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I made the reservation thru the Days Inn website and saved money over going thru Expedia, Orbits, etc. Learned the hard way by booking thru Expedia and then found it $10 less on the Days Inn web site from a stay previous to this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Thomas K
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The Days Inn was the host hotel for a wedding I attended in the area. I was disappointed for many reasons. 1)The front desk folks were not helpful upon check in or when we asked them questions about the area. 2) They had no information about how to connect to the internet. I had to call the front desk for the wifi password. 3) The wifi sucks. 4) Breakfast was positively awful. The apple juice had gone bad... it had that fizzy, old, sharp taste. There was not one piece of fruit... no banana... no apple... nothing. Two cereal choices, some mini muffins... that was it. No yogurt. No protein other than little containers of peanut butter.

Don't stay here... I am sure that the hotels in Deadwood are better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Lead hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped for the night on my way from Colorado up to ND on business. It was a Sunday night after the Sturgis rally and there were still about 60 bikes in the parking lot. The front desk manager was very welcoming and friendly and a couple of the housekeeping staff were also at the desk when I checked in. They were very friendly as well. I was concerned that it might be a little loud with all the bikes outside.
The room was excellent, clean and maybe the most quiet hotel room I have ever stayed in. A great night's sleep.
This is now my "go-to" overnight stop when I am in the area.

Jack A., Denver, CO

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jack A
Reviewed August 13, 2013

First encounter at the front desk was not positive. Paul was not friendly or helpful. I had a couple of questions and he told me there would be information in our room...First room we were sent to was still dirty, no big deal then we went back and were given another room. There was NO information in our room, nothing about the hotel, no brochures about local activities or restaurants and no phone book. Hall ways going to rooms were very dark and kind of scary at night. Rooms are very outdated, worn, moldy bathrooms and really just felt dirty. I brought my own blankets and sheets so we used them as I was not comfortable sleeping on their sheets, was the weekend of Sturgis so could not find another hotel close that had vacancy otherwise I would have left. We had a non refundable rate thru expedia but we ended up checking out a day earlier than expected because the hotel room we were in was so gross. The housekeeper left her "master" key in our room so if I was a criminal other guests would have been in trouble. I would not stay here again if it was offered for free. I just gave it a poor review because they did have really good coffee in the lobby.....

Room Tip: I do not think there are any good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Thanks to all at the Days in, the level of service was beyond what I expected. You could just tell that the people that worked there enjoyed their job. The room was very nice and function, not over the top, but perfect for what me and my family needed. I really loved the view, in fact I posted a picture on my facebook wall and someone commented on how it looked like a post card photo. The hotel was perfectly located across from a nice restaurant, but the one in the hotel was more then nice. They even had live music. My favorite amenity was the complimentary breakfast. I'm not a big eater, but the options were good, simple and tasty.
Overall we had a great time, if I had one complaint it would be not having enough time to enjoy the beautiful town of Lead.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lead
Town Hall Inn
#24 of 24 in Deadwood
Celebrity Hotel
Celebrity Hotel
#1 of 24 in Deadwood

Been to Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums? Share your experiences!