“Staff at the Days Inn”

Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lead
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Recently we attended a family wedding in Lead S.D. We stayed at the Days Inn and although the decor and furnishings were older the rooms were acceptable in cleanliness.
The most amazing and surprising aspect of this hotel was its staff. The young man at the front desk went out of his way to accomadate any needs needed including finding a pencil out of his back pack so our grand-daughter could finish her homework. That is the kind of service that makes all the difference to a weary traveler. By the way he was on the morning shift. Great Job!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Sn0wfinder, Office Assistant at Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We are so glad to hear that your stay here was fantastic! And that our staff did nothing short of everything to make your stay even better. :) Thank you so much for your kind words! We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

While visiting the Days Inn Lead South Dakota for a meeting I had the best customer service experience that I have I had as a frequent traveler. Every employee from the front desk to each housekeeper I passed by greeted me with a smile and a good morning. Definitely worth the trip and the value I paid for staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We are extremely glad to hear that your stay was nothing short of fantastic! We take pride in the fact that our staff is one of the friendliest, that is for sure. We hope to see you your next time in town!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room was clean, but the shower had horrible water pressure. Not good parking. Poor breakfast, dark area to eat at. Unfriendly staff. Outdated bedding. Find another place. Elevator didn't work well.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

We are very sorry to hear that your stay here was unsatisfactory. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future! Our parking all seems to depend on the amount of people. Usually, we are adequately prepared, but in some occasions, there is alternative parking in the back area of the hotel :) As for anything that seemed outdated, we are in the process of renovating as we speak! so we are on the same page in that area. We hope that you give us another shot! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We made reservations for Days Inn in Lead SD earlier in the year. Our trip was set for late August of 2012. We got confirmation rate of $107.00 per night, well when we got there, they said that was incorrect and that they needed to charge us $199.00 per night. After some dickering, They finally came down to $149.00 per night, even tho we had a confirmation of $107.00. What a way to run a business, RIGHT???.
Ourr room was pretty nice, but maid service left something to be desired. Some days the coffee maker was not cleaned out and other days the waste basket was not emptied. They also advertise a continental breakfast which was terrible. Hands down the worst so called free breakfast in a hotel I've ever had.
I even Emailed my displeasure to this hotel, and they failed to respond to my concerns. I would advise anyone thinking of staying in the Lead or Deadwood area to look for another place to stay. You will not enjoy your experience here.

Room Tip: We only had the one room, so I really can't comment of which rooms would have been better/
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We called for a reservation and were put on hold for 10 minutes. We hung up, called back, and the phone was answered by a limousine driver who couldn't find anyone at the front desk. We hung up, waited, and called back and were put on hold for another 8 minutes. We were offered a room at $159 (which included a $10 AAA reduction). Since time was of the essence, we booked the room. We decided to stay in the area one more day so got on-line to see what another night would cost. We could book a room on-line for $38. We called the front desk to see if we could get the same room. We were told we could but it would cost $48 and were encouraged to book the room on-line. We booked the same room on-line for $38. The room was fine. The breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Sn0wfinder, Customer Liaison at Copper Mounatin Resort and Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

We apologize for your wait on reserving a room. We are in the process of training a few new employees and 6 to 7 p.m. is one of our busiest times of the day! Thank you for your patience. As for the room prices, your first night was the Saturday of the Deadwood Jam, which is a special event in Deadwood. Due to that event, our rates were increased. Your next night, Sunday, we were back to our normal rates. As for the internet booking, you receive a discount for booking online. That is why the rate was $10.00 less. We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope that you'll give us another chance sometime! Thank you for your business! We definitely appreciate it as well as your patience.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience at the Lead Days Inn. For starters I was kept waiting for 20 minutes to check in. That's how long it took the front desk staffer to check in TWO ladies ahead of me. When I got to my room there was a mysterious large puddle of water in the bathroom which I accidentally stepped in. Bleh. The sheets and pillowcases seemed clean, but the comforters were filthy. There were random brown hairs on the walls of my shower. The doors to the rooms almost have to be slammed to get them closed, creating a very noisy environment in which to attempt to sleep. Finally, when I returned to room the last evening of my stay the cleaning crew had not shut my door all the way. It was open to anyone who may pushed on the door. My work laptop, an iPod and other valuables were completely vulnerable for hours; thankfully they were not stolen. I will never return to this hotel!

Room Tip: Keep on going to Deadwood!
1  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed one night to see Deadwood and found this motel nearby. We checked out several motels in Deadwood but they were all overpriced. We stayed on the fourth floor and the room was spacious, clean and suited us perfectly. The lobby is beautiful and very inviting. We would definitely stay here again. Don't hesitate to book a room here!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you so much! We are definitely glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the price for it as well!