Dakota Spur Hotel
Town Hall Inn(Lead)(Great Value!)
$107
Blackstone Lodge and Suites(Lead)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Ponderosa Pines(Lead)(Great Value!)
$113
Orbitz.com
Spearfish Canyon Lodge(Lead)(Great Value!)
$129
$125
Hotwire.com
$25
  • Free Internet
$73
Travelocity
Thunder Cove Hotel(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$64
Deadwood Gulch Resort(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$98
$88
Travelocity
Super 8 Deadwood(Deadwood)(Great Value!)
$104
$77
Hotwire.com
All reviewsrooms are smallcontinental breakfastpool tablemain streetbreakfast arealower levelchristian science churcheach morningher husbandroom was cleanwould definitely stay here againold buildingplace to stayblack hillsnancybasementdakota
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at the Dakota spur for the Sturgis rally.
We arrived late afternoon, entered though the Mexican restaurant in the basement, check in was very informal, we got our room key and a parking pass for our truck/trailer.

The hotel itself has a very homey feel, and there's character throughout. The owners were around most days, and if you needed something you just had to ask. If you require constant attention from a front desk attendant, this is not the place for you.

A few logistic hiccups: we didn't get clean towels one day, and we ran out of toilet paper on our last day. Neither of these would prevent me from recommending Dakota Spur to friends, or prevent me from coming back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Me and the wife and a friend stayed at this hotel for the week of the rally.Sure there are going to be some bumps in the road after new ownership happens but we had a great time here.Paul and his wife new owners are great people and anything we needed they were there for or needs.We had a room with a balcony over looking lead Main Street and we watched the bikes go by it was great. They have opened a New Mexican resraunt in the lower half did not eat there but everyone we talked to that ate there said it was really good we'll worth it.New management has big plans for this property I sure hope they do as they say they are going to do.We have already reserved a room for next year and will for years to come a definate if you are in the area and what to stay at a really cool family owned hotel.

Bikers from Iowa

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked this room in July and based my choice on availability and reviews on Booking.com. Some of the items that were listed as amenities or services were not available. WiFi was apparently available but the code in the room was wrong. Coffee makers were supposed to be in the room but were not. The so-called restaurant downstairs was not open for breakfast, so had to cross the street for coffee from a convenience store. Room service? Obviously not available, nor were phones in the room. No ice was available except from the convenience store across the street. No temperature adjustment in the rooms, just a floor register and a ceiling fan. Lighting was poor at best. No manager was on the premises. Had to call the hotel phone and leave a message. This small hotel has the potential to be a nice place, and they are under renovation. I would most definitely not recommend this for families, especially on Saturday night with the rock band blasting downstairs. .

Room Tip: Sorry, but I cannot recommend a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sharonspicher
Nancy H, Manager at Dakota Spur Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Sharon, I realize this was in 2013 but it still shows on our ratings so I would like to address it again.
In 2013 the hotel/restaurant had another owner. The hotel was purchased in 2014 and reopened with me as manager. There is no longer a restaurant in the downstairs area.
Our amenities include, continental breakfast, HD flat screen TV's , digital cable, free WiFi, use of the guest lounge which includes, comfortable sitting area with large screen TV, foosball and pool table, and off street parking area.
We are a non smoking hotel but provide a comfortable covered deck for your use.  Unfortunately, we cannot allow pets.   The manager does live on site.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We booked the room on July 17, 2013. We had to pay half down but when we got to the motel it was a disappointment. What is showing on the website is totally different than what we saw. You have to go to the resturant which is under construction so you go to the bar in the basement. What was worse was when we showed up they told use that a reservation had been made already somehow this room was double booked but nobody called us and they had 2 days to call us before we got there, this would have been enough time to find another room. We recieved no call what so ever. When we arrived we had no room. Deadwood, SD in July, you better make reservations. We were lucky to find 1 room available. We had to stay in a motel with a double bed. Uncomfortable but gracious we at least had a room.
We will never go back to this place even after they offered us 1/2 off the next stay. Just left a really bad tase in our mouth.

Room Tip: Go to another motel.
Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 606brendab
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Well unfortunately I can not give this place a good review because I will not have the opportunity to stay there. I called back in Jan to reserve a room for the Rally in August, gave the guy my card #, my email, and all my info. Thinking I paid the 50% deposit they required I finally realized I never received a confirmation email nor was my card charged. Needless to stay here it is 2 months until we are supposed to be there and have no place to stay. I called yesterday and the owner told me he would call me back, surprise surprise I received no call back. All I can say is I am extremely disappointed. I was looking forward to staying there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends