“Worth the very long wait!”
Review of Cheyenne Crossing

Cheyenne Crossing
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Lead
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We came to this small popular restaurant at the height of tourist season, so I wasn't surprised to wait 30 minutes to be seated. I was surprised by the hour wait from ordering our food to getting it. I guess it was better to wait at a table rather than standing in a crowded gift shop waiting.

The two hostesses were very business-like; doing their best to focus on the huge task at hand, I'm sure. The girl serving us was generous in her kind expressions and words, considering how overworked she obviously was The food was amazing! Best carrot cake we've ever had! Really enjoyed the "Indian taco." Hope to be back some day to experience the pie that they are known for.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Great Hospitality.!!! Great Food!!! Fair Prices.

We had breakfast there and no kidding, it was the best breakfast I have ever had!!! Yes better than a Cracker Barrel. OMG those pancakes were out of this world.
Wife and I ordered different things and including the biscuits and gravy also the best in the world.
Meat, All we can say is WOW!!
If you are any where near the Black Hills you have to come here!! And very very friendly folks.!!
Thanks for a great time!!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Cheyenne Crossing really has the best breakfast around. And although they are very busy in the summer, you can always call ahead to make reservations. I live close to this restaurant and enjoy going there for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I have never had a bad meal here, but if anyone in my party is not satisfied with the food, they will do everything they can to make it right. They are famous for their Indian tacos. I especially like the fact that they have vegetarian Indian tacos. The staff always seems friendly and helpful, and the dress is casual, meaning anything you are wearing. The only problem I see, is the hours of operation, which fluctuate by season. So this is another reason you might want to call ahead. But for that I would give them 5 stars. The food is definitely 5 star and it is just a fun place to go and meet friends.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a nice place to stop in for a great "home cooked" meal. A family friendly place that gives you a good value, great tasting food and pleasant atmosphere. You walk through a neat store front to get to the dining.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

why this is rated #1 in the Lead area. Have sampled it 2X since my first failed attempt when it was closed. Hours still vary by day of the week during seasons, so you'd best call first. Would personally not recommend their Indian taco with "meat sauce and beans". Ordered well done buffalo burger and it came out medium rare. Bisquits and sausage gravy were quite old. Maybe should give it one more shot @ a different bkfst or some BBQ sometime when in the area, but it's not on my TDL. Note: Realtor For Sale sign in front of the place on this last visit.

1  Thank Bearclaw6

Been to Cheyenne Crossing? Share your experiences!