“Best meal in the Black Hills”
Review of Cheyenne Crossing

Cheyenne Crossing
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Lead
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Wonderful place - worth a detour, and easily the best restaurant we enjoyed on our Black Hills vacation. The staff is really warm and friendly, and the food was fantastic. Everything we had was delicious - the buffalo patty melt, pulled pork sandwich and french toast were off the hook. Kids had rich creamy hot chocolate that kept 'em occupied. We were stuffed, but ordered a cinnamon roll to go - it was HUGE! Go here! Do not pass Go! you will not regret it.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have drove by this place numerous times, didn't realize there was a restaurant there!!
So while on a trip to the Deadwood/Lead area decided to have breakfast here.

Great choice! The place was busy (Memorial Day and we were told the wait was 30 minutes.
Which gave us time to browse in the give shop. There is also a screened in area where you can sit and wait. We only waited about 10 minutes before they called us.

The seemed to be a good mix of regulars and tourists

Food took a little while due to the number of customers, but well worth the wait.
Hot, fresh and tasty.

Service was great! The staff hustles, but still takes time to make sure your needs are met which can also include sightseeing information.

We will be back next time we are in the area

1  Thank mtnfireguy
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Cozy neat place. Varied menu that specializes in Indian Taco's among other things. Very reasonably priced. Great friendly local service. Gift shop is packed. Locals love it and others in the region make a special trip there.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was at CC on April 21st and it's the best breakfast I've had in the hills- hands down.

Real made from scratch breakfast, including the bread for your toast and corned beef hash. Don't forget to try the buffalo sausage patties.

Don't waste your time on casino breakfasts, take the extra few minutes from Deadwood to Lead and enjoy the scenery and a tasty, fulfilling breakfast at a great price too.

I'll be back in the hills in a few days, and CC is the first place I'm going when I get there.

If you are not a breakfast person, CC also has the best Indian tacos in the area.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed overnite in Deadwood. I'm not a "continental" guy, so made a special trip down to Cheyenne Crossing for their famous bkfst. Nobody home. Big banner that says Thursday thru Sunday. Website says Wednesday thru Sunday. Today Wednesday. Guess I shoulda phoned. Maybe I'll get a chance to revise this. Hope so.

3  Thank Bearclaw6

Been to Cheyenne Crossing? Share your experiences!