“Will come back again if they're open”
Review of Cheyenne Crossing

Cheyenne Crossing
Ranked #1 of 21 Restaurants in Lead
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Union Center, South Dakota
“Will come back again if they're open”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed overnite in Deadwood. I'm not a "continental" guy, so made a special trip down to Cheyenne Crossing for their famous bkfst. Nobody home. Big banner that says Thursday thru Sunday. Website says Wednesday thru Sunday. Today Wednesday. Guess I shoulda phoned. Maybe I'll get a chance to revise this. Hope so.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Bearclaw6

“What a cinnamon roll!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The bigggest cinnamon rolls I have ever eaten and they were excellent. Also, had a nice lunch there another day, but we only ate soup and chili since it was late in the afternoon. Both were great. Sits in a beautiful location in the Black Hills as you are entering Spearfish Canyon. My only complaint is there is only one bathroom for only one person at a time, but at least there is a separate one for males and one for females. You have to enter the rooms from the outside of the building; therefore, I cannot give it a five star rating.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank sdtaresident
South Dakota
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cheyenne Crossing restaurant on site of old stagecoach stop at the entrance to Spearfish Canyon. Very rustic with friendly staff and good home cooking.

Visited October 2012
Columbus, Montana
“Great Breakfast and Locale.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I make a few trip to the Black Hills every year and this is a 'must stop'. I always have a great breakfast there, no matter what I have. It is a perfect place to begin a daily trek through the Hills or a midday stop.

• Visited August 2012
Hamilton, Montana
“Not really all that great.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I really wanted to like this place but I only ordered the French toast and it was burnt. The service was good only we waited so long for the wwaitress to take our credit card only to be told we were suppose to take it up to the casier. How would anyone know that if the server doesn't tell you?

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Thomas P

Been to Cheyenne Crossing? Share your experiences!