“Great stay in a wonderful environment with friendly,interesting hosts” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Odd Duck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kyle
Odd Duck Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Kyle B&B and Inns
Eskilstuna, Sverige
“Great stay in a wonderful environment with friendly,interesting hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

Spent my whole trip accommodation at Odd Duck Inn. Took daily tours in the surrounding area, went to Badlands National Park, Black Hill with Mount Rushmore , Statue of Crazy Horse, Custer State Park, The Wind Cave, Deadwood, Hill City, Custer and many other platser.Kyle is convenient for short trips such as visiting Woundeed Knee and other interesting and beautiful places. I felt at home at Odd Duck Inn and it is located in a wonderful setting with only the chirping of birds and crickets singing mixed with interesting discussions with Mark and Tilda. I can recommend it for anyone who has access to a car. Thanks Mark and Tilda for an unforgettable stay with you. I will definitely come back again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Malakota

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I had a great stay in the Pine Ridge Reservation at the Odd Duck Inn with Tilda Long Soldier and Mark St Pierre. Both are excellent hosts and it must be said that Mark's knowledge of native american history and politics is second to none.
We stayed at the Odd Duck Inn as we wanted to learn more about the reservation and about Lakota culture - in this respect we were not disappointed as Mark taught us so much about the reservation and Lakota culture.
His tour of the resevation was one of the best tours I have been on and it included some beautiful sights such as the Yellow Bear Lake and Red Cloud School although the highlight most definitely was a herd of bison that we drove past on our tour.
The Odd Duck Inn is in a very quiet spot of the resevation so great if you just want to hike and relax. However if you dont have a car then it can be a bit isolated although Mark was great in arranging a tour for us and taking us to the local restaurant one night.
The only downside to the whole trip for us was that due to a number of reasons the trip was a little disorganised. It was forgotten that we were due to arrive despite us sending several reminder emails and breakfast on both days was quick and basic. Also we wanted to horseride in the reservation but a guide could not be found for us on our free day.
However things were sorted to our satisfaction eventually.

So that apart it was an excellent stay with two very friendly knowledgeable hosts. It was also great to patronise a native american business rather than stay at some faceless corporate chain.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank captainbeaky30
Boulder
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

Mark and Tilda are excellent hosts, and I was thrilled by the natural beauty of the landscape around their property. The location is perfect for nature hikes, stargazing, and peaceful relaxation. After staying with them, driving through the more tourist oriented parts of the state (Custer, Mount Rushmore, and Crazy Horse) was a real dissappointment due to its falseness and lack of connection to the real scenic beauty of the place. The Odd Duck Inn is a wonderful place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city and to refresh one's self in a relaxed environment.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
5 Thank Emmfour
Northumberland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

The setting, the peacefulness, the endless places to go and things to do, but most of all Mark & Tilda's friendly welcome and advice on how to get the most out of the holiday, made this the pefect base. The Odd Duck is spacious high quality accommodation in a superb location within easy distance of the Badlands, Black Hills, Crazy Horse Memorial, Wild Horse Sanctuary, Wind Cave and so much more. On the doorstep are fabulous walks and horse riding through beautiful countryside. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. Can't wait to go back.

Stayed August 2008
4 Thank AnneNorthumberland
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

I have just returned from the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, and am wondering why more people do not visit this truly beautiful part of South Dakota, set amongst rolling hills and stunning scenery, and so near the awesome Badlands, the Black Hills, and to many wonders to list here.
I am a lone traveler, (Female) and was slightly aprehensive about making this trip alone, but the warm welcome and friendliness I received from Mark and Tilda at the Odducks B/B Inn near Kyle, was outstanding. Nothing was ever to much
trouble, and as I am a non driver, they took me to all the places I wanted to visit, once all the way to the Devils Tower,Wyoming, no short distance.

Mark is a renowned writer on Native People and Tilda a member of the Lakota Tribe, and what they don't know about Pine Ridge and the surrounding area isn't worth knowing,
I stayed in a home just up the hill from the main house, very spacious and well equipped but chose to spend many evenings
relaxing outside, along with two other guests (their second visit)
sharing our days travels and lots of laughs with our hosts.
I hope to return next year, this was my "dream vacation" and it lived up to all my expectations, and beyond.

• Liked — getting there
  • Disliked — leaving it
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank carolSouthamptonU_k_

Been to Odd Duck Inn? Share your experiences!