H and H El Centro Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were told about this place from the locals! We walked into Kadoka, and everyone recommended this hotel, run by Ken and Cynthia. Several Movie crews have stayed here while filming, Armageddon, Starship Troopers, and Thunderheart. The owners were very friendly, and seemed glad to have us along. They gave us a room with three beds, it was very spacious, and just what we needed. It was hot outside, so we took a dip in the pool, which was clean and well maintained. There was no microwave or fridge, but we didn't need it anyway. We did laundry, and got back out on the road after a good nights sleep. Friendly staff, great owners, who really care about the property, and clean rooms. What more could we ask for? Located at the edge of town, on old Highway 16.

Room Tip: just talk to Ken or Cynthia, nicest people. Let them know te Walkabout sent you!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Great staff and service, clean spacious room. Beds and bedding could use an update. Pricey, but most hotels are in this area. Bare bones almost worthless free breakfast. Fantastic heated outdoor pool was super after a long days drive. Location is a little hard to find- it is not immediately off of I-90.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This place is a waste of space and money. I had booked this room through Choice Hotels because I was a member and trying to earn points. It happened to be one of the only hotels for quite a distance and with it being over 4th of July everything was booked. We booked a non-smoking room. When we arrived at 3am we were greeted by the most miserable creature I've ever encoutnered. He was rude and yelled at me because he told me that I was the one who booked the smoking room and he wasn't going to give me anything else because I was wrong. (I contacted choice hotels and they confirmed to me that the hotel got the reservation the way they were supposed to but overbooked and gave me any room they had. I received a full refund). I told the man at the desk that I had no choice but to take the room because nothing else was around. The area at night is questionable and unsafe. There is an exotic dancer establishment across the street. The door would not open easily or close without a hard shove. The linens were dirty. There were bugs all over the room. It reaked of smoke. The counter in the bath area was dirty. The tub was not clean. There were burn marks on the fabric. The bed had been slept in. The room was musty smelling on top of the smoke. There was water damage in the ceiling. The electric outlets were not grounded. There was pubic hair all over the toliet seat. The garbage had not been taken out. Then the front desk troll called the room and told me to unload my car and get in the room or he'd sell it to someone else. I should have slept in the car. If there had been anything else nearby or a tent I would not have stayed in this hole. I travel quite a bit and have stayed in some shady places but this beats them all for worst ever. This place should be condemned. I did not try the food at the restaurant across the parking lot. Nor, did I swim in the pool. If you remember National Lampoon's Vacation - the hotel quality is similar to the dingy camp ground in the film. Stay as far away from this place as possible and if you insist on staying here, bring hazmat suits and a truckload of clorox and lysol.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Rodeway Inn in Kadota South Dakota is a clean family run motel. Our room was clean and very spacious and quiet. If you need a place to stay there I recommend it to travelers

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed here as an overnight stop. It is an older motel in town. Having said it is old it is well kept. Many of these older places seem to be investments and a screwdriver never see the place but this is an old place that see a lot of care. We slept comfortably and didn't notice any noises from outside. The room had averthing we needed. We didn't eat at the restaurant across the parking lot but did get a desert to go that hit the spot. The staff was friendly and efficient. If you expect it to be a 5 start property you will not be a happy camper. If you want a nice place to stay with no bed turner downers and no eclectic dining this is your place.

I question who striped the parking lot. They must have measured a Smartcar because that is about the only car that would fit. As long as they didn't need to open the doors!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple