“AHHH!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Huron B&B and Inns
Fort Collins, Colorado
“AHHH!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I would have rated some of this negative, but I cant, so one will have to suffice.
This room was NASTAY!!! Yeah, nastay, not nasty, I do know how to spell, its just that disgusting here. There were cobwebs throughout the room, the exhaust fan in the bathroom was sooooo incredibly caked with dust and dirt that the fan didn't even spin. There was dirt on the wall from the fan! The floor near the toilet was covered in URINE! The bathtub was grotesque. The walls and actual tub were so covered in soap scum and dirt that I was afraid to take a bath for fear of catching a disease! The floor was not even vacuumed and the sheet on one of the beds wasn't even the right size sheet, it was far too small, whoever made the bed knew this, when we pulled the blankets back the sheet wasn't even on the bed. There were no hangers to put our dress clothes up.
There was an iron, but no ironing board, no hair dryer, no coffee maker and no microwave, even though we specifically asked for it because we would be staying for about a week. While there was a washer and dryer, they did not have any type of softener, sheets or liquid.
We called for an extra pillow only for the person who answered the phone to essentially tell us, too bad, I'm trying to sleep. What kind of customer service is this!?
The owner was extremely rude and kinda stalker-ish, he followed us through the breakfast room because I took extra for for my disabled mother who was unable to go get her own food.
Not only did this all happen, but the night before we were supposed to check out, we went out for the day and left our "do not disturb" sign up and housekeeping came in anyways. They took our sign off and came in and moved our things around. They touched our dirty clothes and our own personal towels and threw our things on the pee floor! They took the clean bath towels we had just gotten, of which we had four, and gave us two...
They told us that we were to check out that day, even though we had the room reserved for that night as well, and we had payed for this all in advance. The computers were conveniently down the day we checked in, therefore we didn't get a receipt. And they charged us extra!!!
I am highly disappointed in this stay compared to our previous stays. They also may want to update the website considering they no longer have a hot tub and exercise room, as well as several other things.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mary P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sparta, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Dakota Inn in Huron, South Dakota was a good surprise. We were booked in the Handicap Room here and found it to be superior to many "upscale" motels we have stayed at in the past. the beds were comfortable, the room was clean (even where it is usually missed because I looked - my daughter calls me a germaphobe), and all the staff from the cleaning crews to the clerks were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good. All the cereals, breads (white, wheat, multigrain), muffins, bagels and coffee but the added surprise was scrambled eggs with ham and there was also sausage gravy and biscuits. One of the clerks made a point to say that the new owner was doing everything to make this a better place. I went and rescued my daughter and granddaughgter from a "name brand" hotel here on the other side of town which was filthy. She found her room here to be good as well. I would book this motel anytime that I am in Huron which is once or twice a year. I was here for the wedding of my granddaughter which I was officiating. Others from the wedding party were here as well and I did not hear any complaints about the room or service. I heartily recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Huron. Kinsman

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank G K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Disgusting, you can visibly see stains on the pillows, smells, door doesn't even lock, disgusting!!! Stains on chairs if you get what I mean, would not want to ever return to this place, will be leaving as soon as we are rested.

• Stayed May 2012
just_hunt, Owner at Dakota Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
To whom it may concern:
My name is Mike Jones and I am the owner of the Dakot Inn in Huron, SD. We are a very diverse hotel. We have many people coming to stay at our hotel from Contruction workers to vacationers. If you have had a problem with your room we really would appreciate you coming to us with your problem! We are here to make your stay a pleasent one. We are very dissappointed in this review, for as hard as we have worked to make this hotel a place to be proud of and a place where people would like to stay at; since we purchised the hotel last fall all reviews before that date we had nothing to do with. I think it would be apporaite and good business practice to have a chance to respond to reviews before it is put out to the public good or bad. We have had an average of 600 rooms rented since this review was published. So bad news sells and goods news doesnt. We appreciate you letting us vent our comments and hope any other reviews you get coming from the next years ahead will be good ones.
The owner of the Dakota Inn. We are looking forward to seeing you here in Huon, South Dakota!
Yankton, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Disgusting. This used to be the premiere motel in Huron. Now it stinks. There was no wireless, in fact no internet access for guests. The security lock on the door was attached to the woodwork that pulled away from the door. The couch in the "suite" was old and worn out. Sad to say I won't stay there again. I did hear that there is a new owner, hopefully it will improve.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

This place is horrible. It should be closed. The Health Inspector needs to check it out. We were there for 8 days for a conference and my bed was never changed. Don't think the tub was cleaned either. Only two times did I see them put fresh pastry's out during the week. The bread for toast and English muffins were starting to mold. The place was infested with fly's. If you killed 1 30 would come back. States it has coffee makers in the rooms. Which rooms? There were about 65 of us there and I don't think anyone had a coffee maker in their room. The managers were nice but very unprofessional. The price of the rooms were way too much. I never saw an exercise room and they had 1 washer and drier for everyone to use. I would never stay there again and if I had of had a car there I would have tried to find someplace else to stay.

Room Tip: They have none
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Num1amma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as a fluke. We had started our trip late in the afternoon and drove til we couldn't anymore. This is a large facility with a motel feel and has a fenced pool. Clerk at counter was attentive even though we checked in after 11pm. Room was OK, nothing much, but we just wanted a clean bed and a bathroom and we got that. Rates we very reasonable for a King bed room around $59.00. Continental breakfast in the morning is the usual fair, muffins, cereals, donuts coffee tea juices, oatmeal...again we weren't there for the breakfast. If you want clean and a good nights sleep I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank mndivergirl1
Charlevoix, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

Stayed here with several other bikers on our return trip from the Sturgis bike rally to Michigan. We rented 4 rooms. Each room exhibited the same issues. Initially, two of us had to get different rooms as the ones assigned did not have remote controls for the tvs. All of the rooms had coffee makers, cups and condiments with no coffee available.

The rooms were unmaintained, dirty and had mold varying from a trace in one room to extensive mold in others. Each room was infested with flys. I killed approximately 50 in my room alone, went to sleep and woke up with another 50+ inside. The ONLY reason we stayed here and did not demand refunds was that we had ridden many miles that day were completely exhausted AND there are not a lot of options in Huron. This place looks like it is very close to going out of business or into foreclosure. Even the outside was poorly maintained.

Plan ahead and don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends