“Clean rooms and friendly staff”
Review of Lantern Inn

Lantern Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hill City B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our family went on a vacation and stayed at the Lantern Inn for three nights. The rooms were spotless and the staff was so friendly and helpful. There was an outdoor swimming pool and spa. The location was very close to Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park and Keystone. Desperados was a very good restaurant in downtown Hill City.

I would definitely stay here on my next visit to South Dakota and would recommend it to friends and family!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SueMAppleton

Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was a great place for us to stay. Located right in the middle of all there is to do in the Black Hills, the Lantern Inn was very comfortable, clean, and the owners are so accomodating! The beds are very comfortable, the rooms (we had a king) are nice sized with a refrigerator and plenty of storage room. Morning coffee in the office offers a wonderful time to get to know the owners and others staying at the hotel. The pool is fairly small, but clean and refreshing. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovetotravel0405
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My sister and I stayed here for 3 nights in July and found this inn to be a great base for visiting the sights. The beds were comfortable, and the ac welcome in the heat. Breakfast is basic, donuts and juice, enough for a start. The hosts offer conversation and lots of information. I would return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Karenn43323
Reviewed July 8, 2011

My Wife and I stayed here for three nights at the start of a road trip.
It is a few blocks into down town but not too far.
It is a great place to base yourself for the attractions.
The owners are really friendly and helpful.
The basic breakfast is taken in a small lobby, which if more than 6 guests congregate is a little congested.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LesPne
Reviewed October 5, 2010

My friend Betty and I were so impressed with the friendliness, clean, well kept site and just overall a wonderful experience. We thank Chuck and Janet for a wonderful stay and will hopefully be back again. You both do a great job. Carolyn_Bailey2003@yahoo.com

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank carolyn_bailey2003
Reviewed March 30, 2010

This motel was very nice. We only stayed one night, but would have gladly stayed longer. The owners were very friendly, even invited us to BBQ with them and their friends. The grounds, room, and general area were very clean and well kept. Has a hot tub, as well as a swimming pool.

Would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LoveTravellingTLT
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Through my own error, I realized that we had to check out of our hotel because it was booked and we didn't have a place to stay. I contacted the property owner and he recommended the Lantern Inn. I called them and they had a room available. They cleaned the room up early and allowed us in in the a.m. What a bunch of nice folks these people are! We were only there one night, however I liked that you could park your car right outside your room. The rooms are small, however this hotel was built in 1949; back when space wasn't a big deal in hotel rooms. In the morning they have donuts, coffee in the office. Everyone was in there talking with the couple and laughing like crazy. Again, very nice stay. I am glad I found a room on such short notice, w/o having to drive all over the Black Hills to locate one!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Quality Inn
#4 of 12 in Hill City
Mountain View Lodge & Cabins
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites

Been to Lantern Inn? Share your experiences!