“At last!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, German
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Dakota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“At last!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We finally made it to the Alpine Inn! We have friends that have recommended it for years. They drive up just for dessert!
We were having a wonderful weekend away in the Black Hills of SD as a late 25th Anniversary gift.So of course this was our opportunity to finally dine at the Alpine Inn. My husband tried the traditional German fare and I had. French dip and the soup of the day -Corn Potato Chowder. Yum! To top it off we had to indulge in dessert! I hade a scrumptious Pumpkin Cheesecake and my husband tried the apple caramel cheesecake. Delish! Nice atmosphere too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank SDGirl03

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Go Here for the Desserts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Eat here for authentic German cuisine for lunch or enjoy $9.95 filet mignon for dinner. Their hours vary from summer to fall, so before you drive there call and make sure they're open! NOTE: They are NOT open on Sundays and ONLY accept cash or checks (there is an ATM on site). I had my wedding rehearsal dinner here and even with a large group, they were able to produce great food and AWESOME desserts. We eat here as often as we can!

Custer, South Dakota
“Not sure what other reviewers are talking about, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Of course, there is going to be bad experiences when you go out to dinner, but I would just like to say a few words about my experience at Alpine.

I've lived in Custer/Hot Springs for most of my life and have eaten at the Alpine probably a dozen times. The place is always packed becasue it IS good food and usually decent service, AND they have a great dessert menu.

The meal is the same every time. Filet Mignon, salad with house dressing, baked potato, and bun. They've been doing it for decades now, and people still keep coming back.

For those of you looking for a great dinner at a low price, you can't go wrong with Alpine if you have some extra time to spare.

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“Hill City Charm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Absolutely above the rest, superior food and service. They also have a great selection of local wines.

Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Good German Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great German food-ate the Schnitzel and Kase Spatzle. The decor was cute and decorated for the Christmas season. They only take check or cash, however, there is an ATM on the premises. A negative, besides the waitress forgetting my drink, was we didn't get a high chair because they were all in use. They only have a total of two. Not a fun place to eat when you have a squiggly baby in your lap when trying to eat. I would have given a higher rating if it weren't for that. I would go back again if I don't have a baby in tow.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!