“Erdinger Outing”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Erdinger Outing”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

There is no where else to get Erdinger Dunkel by the bottle. Erdinger Dunkel is a superb beer from Erdinger, Germany. I became hooked on this delicate Old World beer after visiting the German state of Bavaria (Munich). We have greatly enjoyed the food! The Filets are great! But, don't forget the desserts! If you dine late, you run the risk of a limited dessert selection.

Visited August 2013

Cary, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Few menu choices but who needs more when you got the basics covered”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Won't go into the selection as many have before. I'll highlight the Desert (NYC Cheesecake) which I enjoyed and the beer (Which I really liked. It was true German import. sorry don't remember the name but it was very very good).

• Visited September 2013
Cumming, Georgia, United States
“Memorable meal”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have to say that in following two TripAdvisor "5 star" reviews earlier this week in Rapid City, we were disappointed-- clearly what some people think is "excellent" ain't my and my wife's idea of "excellent." So we decided to start asking our new friends here in town-- different people we've met who seem to share our tastes-- where the best place is to get a memorable meal. And when the fifth one told us "Alpine Inn, but you have to drive to Hill City" we decided to give it a try.

Just got back about a half our ago-- it was a Thursday night at about 6 pm when we arrived. And it was truly a memorable meal. But before I go any further, you need to know two things-- they only serve two entres each evening-- filet (6 oz or 9 oz) OR a vegetarian selection-- and they do NOT accept credit cards. Cash only.

For $29 plus tip, my wife and I had a memorable meal, with a fresh lettuce salad with homemade ranch dressing, a 6 oz filet cooked to perfection and wrapped in bacon, and a dessert that we shared. We sat at a quiet table next to the window. The atmosphere, the food and the service was outstanding.

My steak was cooked exactly the way I wanted, and my baked potato was just right. My wife said hers was also done "perfectly." But when we were finished, our waitress brought out the "real" menu-- desserts. Wow! We've been told by the locals to "save room for dessert" and I'm glad we did. We had a double chocolate thing with two spoons-- and it was delicious.

I would suggest the 45 minute drive from Rapid City to be well worth it for a memorable meal--- and of course, if you're already in Hill City, suggest you give them a try. We were delighted-- it was far and above the best meal we've had in the past few months.

• Visited October 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
“Two Options only”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food here was good - but you have only two options for dinner - I think lunch might have more. The three of us had the filet - and it was good, but not great. Accompanying dishes were good as well - but not great. Service was rushed as they were extremely busy. If you don't want to wait, get there early

Visited September 2013
Wimberley, Texas
“Major disappointment”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We saw the crowd one evening and decided since there was so many people, this has to be a good place for dinner so we went back the next night. We had an hour wait, since the bar and front porch was packed, we walked around town - that was the best part of the evening. When our name was called, we had to fight our way through the crowd into the dining room. Our server was prompt and friendly and service was fine. However, the meal was terrible. I asked for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc which they did not carry but they did have a Pinot Grigio, that's OK but it was their house wine and not very good. The menu consisted of two sizes of filet mignon, pasta dish and that's it. Prices were incredibly low for this type steak. Although the chef did a good job of cooking it, the quality was extremely poor, tough and certainly not like any filet I've ever had before. It was served by a iceberg wedge with ranch dressing (ho hum) and a pitiful baked potato that had been reheated in the microwave. The place was so crowded and noisy, it was difficult to hear, we gave up on conversation. The bill was paid to a cashier, only cash taken which was odd, especially as there were no signs posted warning no plastic. A miserable experience.

• Visited September 2013