“Cheap Steak, Nice Ambiance”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Alpine Inn has 2-3 things on the menu. The most popular item is the bacon-wrapped filet mignon. You can get a 6 oz. for $9.95 or a 9 oz. for an extra $2. It includes a wedge salad, baked potato, and texas toast. While it certainly wasn't the best filet I've ever eaten, it was good tasting and I enjoyed it. Once we were seated (it took a long time), the service was excellent. They have an extensive dessert menu and apparently everything is hand made. We had a strawberry waffle sundae, which was "ok". It was good but they used a strawberry compote that wasn't the best. Most desserts are in the $5-6 range. Overall, the meal was good and the candle-light atmosphere was very relaxing. I would definitely go again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,524)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The food, atmosphere, and service all rank extremely high on my list. Bring your checkbook as they don't take plastic. We had a party of 7 and were seated fairly quickly.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Alpine Inn is a stalwart of the Black Hills (I remember eating here years ago when I was a kid). Each meal service has a set menu of 1 or 2 different options. You will likely have a wait during dinner service, but you get your food quick. The food is decent and a good value for what you pay, and the setting is lovely. If you don't have high expectations, you'll find a satisfying, affordable meal.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The place is amazing with the inside of an old Far west hotel. The food was very good but there is only 2 diiferent choices either Filet Mignon or pasta. Filled with locals and there is about 45 min to 1 hr wait but it is worth it!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The fillet was really good, but the desserts were amazing. A really great variety. We did wait about 1 1/2 hours but they gave us an approximate time to be back so we could stroll around. We would definitely go back!

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!