“Don't miss this place”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you want the best Reuben sandwich you've ever put in your mouth, try theirs. It's melt in your mouth delicious. They had a varied menu with everything offered being of excellent quality. Not my first time eating there and will hopefully not be the last. Since I live in Alaska, it may be a while, but I plan to go back. The desserts are to die for. If it matters, the locals take all their visitors there to eat. It's impressive.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,507)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

There are three menu choices, a large filet, a small filet or spaetzle. The filets are excellent. None of us had the spaetzle, so I can't comment on that, but the steaks might have been the best I've ever eaten. Get there early, as there's always a line to get in!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have had lunch at the Alpine Inn many times. The food is delicious. We really enjoy the wienerschnitzel which consists of red cabbage, sauerkraut, german potato salad, and a nice cut of pork which is lightly breaded. On the side you can order spaetzles, which are small dumplings combined with swiss cheese and some fried onions. They have other delicious food on their menu plus a nice atmosphere and great prices and full bar.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Housed in a charming Victorian decorated inn, this place is very busy for dinner with a set menu of filet mignon, baked potato and lettuce wedge salad. The only choices are dessert. We felt rushed to make way for the next patrons. The filet mignon was passable. I would not have wanted to be there with young children, though there were families. They have a good selection of beers. The price is quite reasonable.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped in for lunch, even though the place was full, we only had to wait about 10 min. The food is mainly German with bratwurst, weinerschnitzel & sandwiches. The spaetzle & pickled cabbage made the meal for me. If nothing else, stop in for dessert. The bread pudding was one of the best I've ever eaten. I had to subtract a star for the inconvenience of not taking debit/credit cards...they do have a ATM in the lobby, but I didn't appreciate getting socked with ATM fees because they are in the dark ages.