“the queues for a table say it all”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

a very limited menu but the food was excellent. They do try to rush you through to keep the queues down - but the system of giving you a timed ticket works.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Excellent food. The German plate is very reasonable and huge. Be sure and go hungry. The other food I saw all looked good also large portions. Wonderful grasshopper pie!! Have lots of lunch choices only one dinner menu item.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Good food but not great. There are two items on the dinner menu while the dessert menu has like 30 choices. We ordered the filet mignon with baked potato, toast, and lettuce wedge. The cut of meat tasted more like sirloin. Service was good. We were sitting in close quarters with a couple of other folks so it was natural to chat with them during most of dinner. They only accept CASH!!!! You've been warned.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The group I traveled with had taken the train from Keystone to Hill City. We had lunch at the suggestion of our guide "Thanks Jerry" at the Alpine Inn Restaurant. We arrived at the lunch hour so they were really busy. Our wait was perhaps thirty minutes, but definately worth it. We were seated in the rear of the restaurant but were comfortable and the waitress was there to take our drink orders right away. I ordered the "Wienerschnitzel" and wasn't completely sure what I had ordered. I am only vaguely familiar with German food. Our wait was not long and the food was simply delicious. The portions were generous and the price was very reasonable. My only complaint was that I did not have room for dessert. If I go back to the Alpine, I think I will order dessert first. I saw some wonderful desserts pass by our table. The whole experience was very rewarding. I loved it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food was great. We there for dinner. Filet Mignon, Baked Potato, Texas Toast and a Wedge of Lettuce with their homemade ranch! Unbelievable pricing and homemade desserts! Try the Tiramisu... perfect dessert, even if you're full! Lite and refreshing!