“MO Traveler”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The group I traveled with had taken the train from Keystone to Hill City. We had lunch at the suggestion of our guide "Thanks Jerry" at the Alpine Inn Restaurant. We arrived at the lunch hour so they were really busy. Our wait was perhaps thirty minutes, but definately worth it. We were seated in the rear of the restaurant but were comfortable and the waitress was there to take our drink orders right away. I ordered the "Wienerschnitzel" and wasn't completely sure what I had ordered. I am only vaguely familiar with German food. Our wait was not long and the food was simply delicious. The portions were generous and the price was very reasonable. My only complaint was that I did not have room for dessert. If I go back to the Alpine, I think I will order dessert first. I saw some wonderful desserts pass by our table. The whole experience was very rewarding. I loved it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The food was great. We there for dinner. Filet Mignon, Baked Potato, Texas Toast and a Wedge of Lettuce with their homemade ranch! Unbelievable pricing and homemade desserts! Try the Tiramisu... perfect dessert, even if you're full! Lite and refreshing!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Where can you get a bacon wrapped filet mignon, baked potato & salad for $9.95? Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was great; not rushed at all. Their desserts are a definite highlight...lots to choose from and plenty big enough to share. All in all, an enjoyable dinner and we left full all for under $40.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stopped here on the way to the night lighting at Mt Rushmore. They only offer 2 entrees for dinner, but both weer excellent and very reasonably priced (10oz. filet mignon, $11.95).
Food was very good. They have a large drink and dessert menu.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Though we had no reservations, we took our chances for a weeknight supper. The place was packed but we were seated in about five minutes. The lettuce wedge with ranch dressing, steak (six or nine ounce) and baked potatoes were good, not great … the price made them better.

This is an interesting place with reasonable prices and they certainly appear do a brisk business but for us everything seemed a bit rushed and mechanical. Not a very warm or friendly atmosphere and not one of our favorite stops.