Horse Creek Inn Restaurant & Campground
Ranked #13 of 30 Restaurants in Hill City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We got there about 6:30 and it was packed. But we decided to try it anyway. We were seated right away and service was good. Food got there in a reasonable amount of time and it was really good. I haven't had prime rib like that in 30 years. The american fries were great too with lots of onions. We would go back in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, we were just visiting the area. But if you ever get in the area, it is worth a stop.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The sweet potato fries and beer cheese soup were excellent. The grilled salmon was just ok. Our server was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I did not expect to get prime rib this good in Hill City. It was excellent. We got there kind of late, so I didn't expect to get rare prime rib. But, I did! The service was excellent. DH enjoyed his meal also.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I guess I should have been a little concerned when we first walked in and seen a for sale brochure at the hostess desk. We finally were sat down for dinner and then that was it. We received water and nothing else-no waiter/waitress no service at all. After about 15 minutes we decided to explain to someone that we would not be eating at this establishment because of the terrible service. This is some of the worst service I have ever seen!

MarkR_HorseCreek, Owner at Horse Creek Inn Restaurant & Campground, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We deserve this - we fumbled the hand-off and your party was left waiting for a server. You have our apologies. We hope you'll give us another try next time you're in the area - we know you missed a good meal. In the meantime, we'll keep striving to offer the best possible service & food to all of our customers.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Excellent food and service. The prices were great and our server went above and beyond. I would be a regular there if it were in my area.