TripAdvisor

Mickelson Trail

Reviewed June 22, 2019
702travelfun
Las Vegas, Nevada

All reviews rabbit mickelson trail great ride these guys hybrid ed durant riders shop shuffling equipment deadwood vacation
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2019

I would like to say that we brought my husbands bike into see Steve to repair the derailer, unfortunately ours was uncommon and not one stocked. As we were leaving the next day he patiently tried to salvage it. I would recommend this shop in a heartbeat

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019

We had Rabbit Bike shuttle us to Dumont and then we rode to Hill City. Choosing Rabbit Bike for our shuttle was the best decision I could have made. The owner and all of her employees are very professional, kind and helpful. We had a flat before our ride and they were able to put new tubes in our tires. The young man than drove us to Dumont was very friendly and talked the whole way there giving us information about the area. When we got to Dumont trailhead he made sure that I knew where the trail was and which direction to head. Book with Rabbit you won't be sorry. Riding the trail was amazing just beautiful. We love it.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2018

The old school bike shop and rentals is a haven for out of town visitors, Manager Jordan was most helpful and supplied me momentos of our visit.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed September 12, 2018

Let me start off by saying that this is my second time visiting Rapid City as well as my second time renting from Rabbit Bicycle. The first time I came was two years ago and the business was under different ownership. It was owned by a man named Ed I believe. After an amazing experience at Mount Rushmore, I decided to rent a bicycle. I Google'd bicycle rentals in Hill City and found Ed's place. He was warm, welcoming, friendly, knowledgeable, etc. He got me set up with a bicycle, advised me which end of the trail to begin with and set me on my way. He charged me a fair price ($35 approximately) and was very flexible with after hours returns. I expected the same service this time. However, ownership has changed since last I was here. Now, the rental charge for a bicycle was $35 for a half day and $70 for a full day. That is astronomically high. I work for the airlines and I travel all over the country as well as the world and no one charges that much money. Usually, it will range between $20 on the low end to around $40 on the high end for one full day's rental. But I picked this trip up just to come back here and just to do this trail again because I had such an amazing time the first time. Their inventory was low and they did not have much to offer. The gentleman working the counter offered me a bicycle whose front brakes were not functioning. Another bicycle was missing a seat and he offered to put one on for me while I wait. The service was horrible. I am a novice rider. He ends up renting me a bicycle with fat tires and tells me that it will be perfect for the trail. Not knowing the difference, I take the bicycle. I return it later that afternoon and my legs are exhausted due to having to pedal that much harder due to the heavy traction from the larger tires. This entire experience has been a disappointment from the beginning and what disappoints me most is that I have bragged about my experience with this shop to any and everyone who would listen since I came here two years ago. I will never rent from here again.

Kyle
Boston, MA

Date of experience: September 2018
2  Thank kharykyle
Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

Rode the entire George Michelson trail from south to north. Stacy provided bikes, shuttle and everything that we needed. Bike delivery to Edgemont was exactly on time. Their equipment was good (not great) quality. Their prices were reasonable and everyone in the shop was very accommodating.
Would highly recommend!