“Typical”

Hubcap Diner
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We ate here only one time on our vacation to hill city. The food is typical diner food, still really good but nothing special. We sat outside on the porch that overlooked the main street and it was fun to watch all the motorcycles drive through. (we went during bike week)

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The service was very slow, which was a turn off from the start. The place wasn't that busy either. I had the reuben which was quite good, a little greasier than I like, but still good. Slaw as also good. My daughter had the pepper burger, which was actually quite tastey. Ice cream was decent.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I had cheeseburgers and French fries, and my kids had chicken tenders and French fries. Our food was good, and I would recommend this place for a quick supper after a long day which was what we were after. My kids had fun coloring their car pictures as we waited for the food to arrive. I didn't think the prices were high, but completely in line with what I would expect in Hill City.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here today, I ordered the Hot Turkey Sandwich for $8.99 and it was good, thick pieces of roasted turkey between bread and smothered in turkey gravy. My son had the Kid's Chicken Strips and Fries for $5.99 and both were hot and fresh.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have read a lot of reviews on different sites (yelp for one) and they run the gamut. For me the place was average (although the music playing in the background was awesome). The food was so-so, the service was the same. I had the Patty Melt, my wife the Triple Grilled Cheese. They were both good. The fries were hot and crispy. The fries almost kicked it up to Very Good but not quite. When you have to ask the wait staff for things, it means they are not paying attention to you. You should never have to ask for a refill, they should ask you if you want one.

Been to Hubcap Diner? Share your experiences!