“Rude and lewd”

Naked Winery South Dakota
Ranked #8 of 27 things to do in Hill City
More attraction details
Owner description: Naked Winery What's in your Glass? - Naked Winery Naked Winery(R) is a South Dakota winery that takes the pecksniffery out of wine tasting. We'll set the mood and tease your senses with our romantically playful, traditional grape wines. Naked Winery(R) offers a wide variety of grape wines. Including red, white and blush varietals. We also offer a few select fruit wines. All of our wines are presented in a fun way that will spark your passion. At Naked Winery(R), we want you to drink what you like and have fun doing it! Let the romantic atmosphere put you at ease as you enjoy a glass of wine by the fire with friends and family. Naked Winery(R) has tasting rooms in Hill City and Custer, South Dakota. The Hill City location now offers over 100 revolving microbrews with 34 on tap. Including our new line of in-house Sick-N-Twisted(R) microbrews!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Do not waste your time. This is advertised as a family place but we did not think so, even though we have no children. The displayed T shirts are very lewd. They advertise as a wine and microbrew tasting room with "FREE" on every sign you see, but after tasting one sip of one wine I was presented with a bill for $5 that needed paid before I could taste anything more. The place is understaffed and the guy behind the counter was too busy pushing pizza on people who had paid for one beer and were clearly trying to escape, to wait on anyone else. The biker chick behind me finally pushed me into the bar in order to get served. All in all a frighteningly bad experience. Go down the road a half mile to the very friendly place with the donkey on their sign if you want a nice experience.

1  Thank bobkatran
Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I want to thank you for stopping and sorry to hear you did not have a great experience for that is not the norm. We do have some shirts what we call fun such as I got Naked In South Dakota, Wine makes my clothes fall off and Cougar. I am sorry if this offended you that is not our intention. We like to have fun. I do want to explain we DO NOT have any signs or advertising that says Free Tasting they are also not $5 however $3 dollars for 6 wines. We do also have Ice Cream Tasting for the Kids which are also $3.

There are newer reviews for Naked Winery South Dakota

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stopped in two of the local wineries and went here first. The wines are excellent and my husband did the beer board. We were very impressed with most of the tastings. They are a little pricy but we bought a few to take home. It is a must stop for the lovers of the grape & hops!!

Thank you show much for stopping in and taking the time to write a review we are glad you had a great time and hope to see you agian

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband an I visited 3 wineries in one day because they were all within a mile of each other and this one was our favorite hands down. It was not as crowded as the first winery we went to. The girl who helped us (I didn't get her name, wish I did) was very friendly and asked us what kinds of wine we normally drink and then chose our tastings for us which we appreciated because they know their wines better than we do and it made the experience much more personal. She knocked it out of the park and gave us each 6 tastings and made it really hard for us to decide what bottles to buy because we liked so many. We both liked the welcoming, laid back atmosphere and the different wine names were fun and entertaining. We expected all the sexual innuendo because we visited the website and the name "Naked Winery" should tip you off. If you're easily offended, you might not be able to handle the fabulousness that this winery has to offer. If you're on the fence about it, just go! There are a lot of delicious wines to be tasted here!

Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to make a review we appreciate it. We pride out self on having fun along with great traditional styles wines. Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed September 3, 2013

They definitely try to be different, which I can appreciate, but it just felt like they were trying to be too much at once. Is it a winery? is it a tasting room? Is it a bar? Is it a brewery? is it a biker hangout? is it a restaurant? is it a strip club? is it a hole in the wall? It's probably just an average to below average version of all of the above. The wine itself is not very good and the service staff is sort of quirky and different. We did end up buying a bottle because the bottle was made of plastic, which we thought was unique and cool. So that was the only positive about the place. Wouldn't go back and I don't really recommend it.

1  Thank Derek R
Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Derek- Thanks for taking the time to review Naked Winery and Sick-N-Twisted Brewery we do want to be different if we were all the same we believe that it would be boring. The main thing is we want to have people have fun and relax. The wine is very traditional with no fruit or sugars added. I am glad you got one of our outdoor wines I am sure you will enjoy it. Thanks for stopping in.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We came into this winery because it is both a winery and microbrewery (and it has a fun name). We tried their beer and its not to shabby for just starting last year. The cream ale was awesome for a hot day. The best part of our experience was when we decided to sit on the patio and listen to Don playing guitar. We only wanted one beer but were having such a good time with him we stayed for two more! This place has a great atmosphere and good beer. We didn't try the wine but heard good things about it. We just wanted to say thank you to Don for making this an unforgettable afternoon (with some great brews).

Robert L, Manager at Naked Winery South Dakota, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your time Don has played for us since we opened he is one of the people favorites. I will pass on the compliment to him. Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again soon.