“Clean, comfortable, You know what to expect.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hill City
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hill City
Oklahoma
“Clean, comfortable, You know what to expect.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The only thing I'd say is, I think there is more to do in Custer. I stay in a lot of hotels and I got exactly what I expected from a HIE. The pool and jacuzzi were clean and in good order. We stayed 3 days. I saw the maids in the hall. I told them that we only needed towels but they went ahead and made the beds and tidied up. None of our belongings were touched. The only downside is the parking lot, but it's not that bad. We had 2 3/4 pickups and it would have been tight if we came in late.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am very happy with my stay at HI Express hotel! Great clean room, friendly staff, and a nice place to stay in a tourist town. The king bed was great, and the King suite room had a great amount of space. Pool and hot tub was nice, since a lot of places in the area don't have those amenities. Hot breakfast had lots to offer, and very pleased with the choices. Would've been nice to have the quiet hours respected and not having children running up and down the hallways from 6am-8am. When I checked out the Front Desk agent Searra seemed kind of lost and confused, but she was nice. Brenda was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel was small and in a quaint location. I chose it because I was going to Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse. I was going to just stay one night; however, I wasn't finished in the area so stayed a second night. Room was okay the first night. It was clean but a problem arose when the people upstairs were very noisy. I was going to call them but my room phone didn't work so I call the manager on duty and asked him to take care of it. About a 1/2 hour later it was still going on so I called him again. He said he had talked to them but would call again. It continued!!!! I banged on the ceiling several times but it didn't help. Finally I turned up the TV to help drown out some of the noise and put pillows over my head. The next morning I spoke with the manager on duty about staying an extra night but could I please move to the top floor because of the noise the night before. They were very nice and accommodated me and even gave me the same rate even though it should have gone up for the Saturday rate. The second night was perfect and no problems. The manager was very nice about giving me some ideas of things to see on the long trip I told here I was taking. Great place to stay if you are going to the monuments.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor!!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sallieb321
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hill City is a lovely place, much less commercialised than Keystone. This hotel is fairly new and has all the usual attributes you would expect. The room was spotless and the bed huge and comfortable. The staff were great as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A nice Holiday Inn Express. Felt relatively new and fresh. Quiet. Friendly and helpful staff. Conveniently located for accessing scenic and tourist attractions. Typical breakfast room and buffet for Holiday Inn Express chain. Good for family travelers with nice laundry room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

After a long day of traveling we arrived with no reservation. The night manager Bill was super nice & even upgraded us at no additional cost to a king jacuzzi suite! The bed was super comfy & the room was unbelievable large, even for a suite! Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed May 2013
SD
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here on a weekend night. We were checked in quickly and given a goodie sack for being Priority Club Members. We found our room, a king suite, very comfortable, clean, and roomy. Our room had a microwave, fridge, and wet bar and a sofa bed. The king bed was really comfortable and we slept well. The internet worked great and we had no trouble. This hotel has a nice indoor pool, but didn't have time to use it. Breakfast the next morning was very good with about anything you would want served, but the breakfast room needs to be enlarged, as only about 30-35 people can sit at tables. This would not be big enough in the summer busy season. For this reason, I don't think we will be back this summer when we are on vacation, but will consider staying again during the off season. Thanks for a great stay HIX and staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
#4 of 12 in Hill City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mt Rushmore / Keystone
Mountain View Lodge & Cabins
Rushmore Express Inn & Family Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hill City? Share your experiences!