We booked this room knowing that it would be different from the average Best Western. The staff was friendly and accommodating, but the location was disappointingly close to the noisy highway. Although it claimed to be newly renovated, the only thing that looked refurbished was the lobby. The rooms were small and worn, but clean. The shower was tiny, and the furnishings were cheap and sparse.
Our first night we stayed we had a terrible, sewage-type smell in our room. When my husband went to speak with the owner about it, he said they'd had "a few complaints about that". The hotel quickly changed us to another room and it was better. Overall we managed and liked the friendly staff but it was not enough to make up for the poor quality of the rooms and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your Black Hills vacation at our lodge and cabins within minutes to Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Custer State Park and several area attractions, ride on the Mickelson trail or kick back at Sheridan lake 2 miles away, cookout on our covered deck, and enjoy the scenic hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia and HRS so you can book your Mountain View Lodge & Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Lodge & Cabins Hotel Hill City
- Mountain View Lodge And Cabins
- Mountain View Hotel