“They do not honor reservations”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hill City
Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park
“They do not honor reservations”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Made reservations for a campsite near friends 13 months ahead. Received email confirmation. Upon arrival we were told another guest decided to stay longer and our long reserved site was not available. They offered a site outside the laundry far from our friends which we could take or forfeit our deposit. The rude clerk offered to buy me a beer to help me get over it. Crappy place. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jfamesnf
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
We are sorry for how you where treated by the front desk clerk. It is not in our policy that a clerk tells you to have a beer and get over it. You should have requested to speak to a manger and this matter would have been taken care of that day. Again we apologize for the rudeness of our employee.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First time to the area and this RV Park was recommended by our friends. We were not disappointed. Clean and friendly. It was perfect for us to stay there and then drive our tow car to all the surrounding area. It has bike trail across the creek (a pay trail but small state charge)
I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi folks, we are so happy your first experience here was grand! Please come and visit us again.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My grandson and I spent 3 days in the motel. The campground and the outside setting is nice but I thought the motel was overpriced for what we got. I had booked our vacation through Blackhills vacation website and they set us up with this. The staff was very nice. we've stayed at a few other motels on our way out and back home. The Best Western and Super 8 charged alot less plus got many cable channels in our rooms while out at Crooked Creek didn't even get 10 channels. The location is perfect and centrally located for all the sites out there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry that our Motel was not up to your expectations. Yes it is a smaller scale motel than your chain motels. Our purpose at the resort is to provide adequate lodging for the area. Our Motel is in a campground setting therefore we do not want to imitate a Super 8 or Best Western. Pricing is based on a seasonal business. We feel our rates and accommodations are very comparable to others in the area. We have been upgrading and doing capital improvements since 2001.
Holstein, iowa
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been staying here each year we go out to Sturgis. They have ample tent sites, cabins and hotel. We always stay in the cabins, some have full bathroom while others are just beds. It's clean, friendly and very relaxing. They have breakfast, ice, firewood, pop chips and other accessories for sale while you stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you and your friends again in the future! Happy Camping!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I called twice with questions prior to our stay & was treated rudely. In retrospect, I wish I would have chosen another resort then. We found a used condom between the bed & the wall, a dead fly stuck to the bathroom divider & an all around terrible odor in the tiny cabin. The pool, play area, & breakfast barn are run down. We did not feel welcome left early.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank momof4fellas
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We apologize that the Resort was not up to your expectations upon arrival. As human beings we sometimes make mistakes. Our ability to correct those mistakes really starts with you, our guest. Unfortunately some guests wait until the last minute or even after they leave to help us correct the problem. Our concrete under ground pool is only 5 years old. This spring we just poured stamped concrete all the way around the outside pool area, and new tile was replaced on the inside of the pool. The pool is only open 3 months out of year and is professionally winterized every year to help maintain the life of the pool. The breakfast barn was just upgraded and re-modeled to meet South Dakota Health Department qualifications and passed inspection with a 100%. The breakfast barn fits the atmosphere of a campground setting. Our intentions were not to imitate a Denny's or an International House of Pancake style of a Restaurant.
West Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Don't stay here. Bad place. We tented one night - Tent Sites 1 & 2 are in front of the restrooms (BTW: one set of restroom/shower/toilet for all). Lights are on all the time. They could allowed people to tent inside the restrooms - no extra efforts to respond to nature. I will give this place a -ve rating. The lady in the office made a big fuss about I using the credit card for $2 (I used up all my cash the previous day) - she taught me how much she pays to the credit card companies and how much she will lose by letting me use my card for a "mere" $2 - I didn't buy ice that morning (went to the gas station and used my card). AVOID AVOID ........... AVOID.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WestFargoFamily
We are sorry that our campground did not meet your expectations. The sites you choose to stay in are very close to the restrooms and showers. You should have come to the office and requested a site change. We have several sites with electric and non electric by our beautiful babbling creek. The lights in the restrooms are security lights for the people that have to use them late at night. As far as no extra efforts to respond to nature that is untrue. We have another restroom and shower house located at the south end of the campground. Each guest that checks in is given a campground map showing them to their site. The map also shows where all the buildings are located through out the Campground.
Edgerton, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My family and I stayed in one of the cabins at this fine establishment recently. It was wonderful. My cabin was right off the road but it was quiet and peaceful. I have to admit I was surprised. The staff was friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was relaxing. It was conveniently located within 10 minutes of Mt. Rushmore. It was not much further than that to Custer state park, Crazy Horse Memorial, and Jewel Cave. We did not have internet access because it doesn't work reliably with I Pads I guess but really that just allowed me to focus more on my family and truly unwind. I would definitely recommend this place to any vacationing family looking for a relaxing week away from it all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Becki F
HillCityResort, Owner at Crooked Creek Resort and RV Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
We are so happy to hear that your Family had a wonderful time at our Resort and exploring the Black Hills area. Quality Family time is hard to get these days with all the hustle and bustle of our every day lives. The Black Hills is the perfect location for any family fun vacation. Thanks again folks for staying and can't wait to see you back again.

Doug & Michelle Olson