Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
WELL WORTH A VISIT- GREAT GIFT WINES

The wine tasting where you get to pick off a menu any 5 wines you would like to taste was extremely... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
FrontierJ
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Wine tasting with a difference

This winery had the most pleasant wine tasting site of the three we visited in Hills City. Their... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Arn E
Stockholm, Sweden

Recommended experiences in and around Hill City
from $90.00
More Info
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews rhubarb pie wine tasting different wines great wine calamity jane wine club free samples free shipping black hills great stop wild bill favorite wine next door my favorite bring home south dakota fun experience
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

Large, looks new, establishment. Sampled excellent wines, and not charged for that event [unlike most wineries]. Had late lunch. Good food selection. Friendly staff.

Date of experience: June 2019
2  Thank James M
Reviewed June 9, 2019

A great stop, especially on a foggy, rainy day. The wine tasting is a generous one, total of five choices. Our host, Elise, took the time to explain the history of the winery and the stories behind each of the wine names. Suffice to say we left with a couple of bottles in hand (before heading next door to the Miner Brewery, where the brewer is the same person!).

1  Thank OnTheRoadAgain8180
Reviewed June 1, 2019

I've tasted wines at many wineries in Italy and California. Prairie Berry ranks up there among my favorite experiences. Prairie Berry produces wines made with plums, crab apples, apricots, currants, rhubarb and cranberries in addition to the usual grapes. Their wines range from fairly dry to very sweet. They offer a free 5-wine tasting, and I sampled the Wild Plum, the Cranberry, The Rosy Ass Rhubarb, The Anna Pesa Chenin Blanc 2017 and the Anna Pesa Meritage 2016. Chenin Blanc and Meritage would have been wonderful complements to shrimp and grilled steak. My favorites were the Cranberry and Rose Ann Rhubarb, probably because they reminded me of the tasty wines my Granny used to make back home from the fruits of her cranberry bog and rhubarb patch.

The staff here is friendly, inviting, knowledgeable, and helpful. The tasting room is open and airy. This winery boasts over 1000 awards The vintner is 5th generation, and she does a very fine job. Even a true wine snob will find something here that they enjoy!

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

As the hubs and I were driving around, we kept seeing signs yo try KICK ASS Wine. So we looked for the winery, stopped, and what a treat!!! We sampled 5 types of wine (each!), and had a wonderful meal. Beautiful as well as DELISH!!! Wish I had taken pics. I had the open faced BLT with the BEST POTATO SALAD EVER and my husband had a turkey sandwich and wild rice soup. I voted that I had indeed won that meal!!!

A great stop!!!

Reviewed May 20, 2019 via mobile

We love Prairie Berry. Have been a Gen5 member for a long time. Today's visit was extra special because I got to meet Sandy. Everyone is always very friendly and helpful. Love their wine.