“NEVER GO HERE!!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was dirty and dusty, the staff was slow and rude, it was expensive and the food was gross. We ordered and it took them 45 mins to get us our food, she brought our appetizer 2 mins before our dinner came and was pissy about our TINY table being to small for all the plates. My husband begged me not to walk out while we waited so long for our food without even seeing our waitress. The people next to us had to ask 5 times for there waitress to come help them and when she did she was rude and mad that she had to take his steak back cuz it was still freezing in the middle and was suppose to be well done. Please never go here!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by someone we met at our campground. It may have been an off day for us to eat here because we were not impressed by the food at all. I ordered the sirloin and was told that they were "all out of that today" (it was around 5pm). The waitress (who was very nice) suggested the Rib-eye steak to me to which I ordered. I was sorry I did, the steak was overdone (ordered it medium), had a ton of gristle on it and wasn't very tasty. The "fresh vegetables" that came with mine and my husband's meals were actually exactly like frozen vegetables out of a package. Neither of us ate much of those. We each had an order of French Onion Soup, it was ssssoooo salty and it had one small crouton on top of it. I actually was glad they only gave a small cup of it since it was hard to get down. There was a wedding reception taking place upstairs, so I'm not sure if that's why our food in the restaurant wasn't terrific, maybe all the good food was being sent upstairs to the reception???? Paid a lot of money for not much of anything. We won't go back if we ever make it back to SD. :(

Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you want a good steak with a friendly atmosphere this is probably the place to go. When we got there were very few people, so we were seated quickly Our drink order was taken & then it took several minutes for the server to bring them back. My husband had the rib-eye special & said it was excellent. I had the Fettuccini Alfredo w/shrimp, side salad & side baked potato with the works. The sour cream and cheese came in separate containers so you added them to the baked potato yourself instead of them being warm & melted on your potato when it arrives. The alfredo was cold in the middle, but the waitress got so busy tending to the whole dining room by herself, that I just took it back to the motel & reheated it there. You got a lot of food for the price, but I think they need more wait staff to keep up with the demand.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We enjoyed the heritage building and decor when we stopped in for dinner on our last night in Hill City. Our server was very good and the ribeye, sirloin and bison steaks were really good, as was the service. My only minor change would be the veggies that accompanied the steaks. They were likely frozen and subsequently overcooked. Worth a visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This restaurant was recently purchased. The new owner was extremely cordial and went out of his way to make sure all was well. The service was good and the food was enjoyed by all.