“Great setting... wonderful food”

Prairie Berry Winery
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Experience our award-winning wines in a fun and relaxed setting in the heart of the Black Hills. Find us three miles northwest of Hill City on Highway 385, just a few miles from Mount Rushmore National Memorial and Crazy Horse Memorial. We’re Hill City’s only working winery and Sandi Vojta, our fifth generation winemaker, handcrafts each wine, often using old family recipes, just a few steps from our Tasting Room. Start your Prairie Berry Winery experience with a free wine tasting of up to five of our award-winning wines, including our Anna Pesä handcrafted traditional European wines, at our Tasting Bars. We produce a variety of wines in styles for every palate – from crisp, dry wines and robust, oak-aged reds to sweet, fruity varieties. Our Kitchen offers housemade menu items including gluten-free, vegetarian and kids’ options. Menu selections pair perfectly with our wines, vary with the season and many of our ingredients are sourced locally. Enjoy a meal on our patio with our beautiful views of Black Elk Peak (formerly Harney Peak). Our brewery, Miner Brewing Company, is located next door.
Rapid City, SD
“Great setting... wonderful food”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I went with some girlfriends to this winery where we had a wine-tasting followed by lunch on the terrace. For atmosphere, this place was wonderful. The view from the patio, overlooking the Black Hills was fabulous. I had a carmelized onion and steak sandwich that was to-die-for! Also, the olive tepenade and goat cheese appetizer was an excellent choice. - There is no table service here. The one thing I thought was unfortunate, was that when we ordered appetizers and lunch, our appetizers came out at the same time as our lunch. - Since you order at the counter, I suppose you could time this yourself, by standing in line to order twice...

• Visited September 2011

Urbandale, IA
“Stop for free samples stay for the food and glass of wine!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Best unplanned stop of the trip, and we make many stops. The samples of local wine were great. Pick 5 for free...what? that never happens. Get more for $5...what! And then they will discount bottles of purchased wine, cases and will ship to my home in another state. Sold. Sat outside with a glass of my favorite and enjoyed delicious flatbread pizza with goat cheese. I may drive 13 hours back this way...just for this experience.

• Visited August 2011
East Wenatchee, Washington
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Wine tasting for those who like that. Food from the small deli style counter is amazing. Try the pizzas, it doesn't matter, they are all fantastic. Went back three times for the pizza.

• Visited August 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“A sandwich worth building your trip around”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stopped in for a tasting of five of the wines, and had lunch afterward. I had the avocado sandwich, and every single bite was heaven. They describe it as being made with "house-made chive cream cheese, garlic-cilantro sauce and local organic microgreens," and I wish they had been willing to part with a recipe. We seriously considered curtailing our itinerary the next day so that we could repeat this sandwich. We also had gazpacho and a plate of guacamole and tortilla chips, both very good but not in the same league as the avocado sandwich. The drink special was an Assarita, made with their own Red A-- rhubarb wine, and I recommend those as well.

• Visited June 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“The food was SO GOOD!”
Reviewed July 15, 2011

A friend took me here for lunch while I was visiting the area. The staff was helpful, friendly, and courteous. I had a veggie/goat cheese half sandwich and a farfalle pesto pasta salad and both were absolutely delicious. I don't eat mayonnaise and I was happy that the sandwich didn't come with mayo and the pasta salad was made with olive oil instead of mayo. The serving size was perfect for lunch. I would definitely go here again and recommend it to anyone wanting a nice, pleasant lunch and a menu that is unique. (They also have nice, clean bathrooms!)

• Visited July 2011

Been to Prairie Berry Winery? Share your experiences!