“Excellent food and atmosphere”

Desperados Cowboy Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Hill City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband and I have traveled for 2 weeks eating at restaurants every evening and this was the best meal we had on our trip. We both had the rib eye and this was excellent. My husband raved abot the mac n cheese. The pop overs are wonderful.

There are newer reviews for Desperados Cowboy Restaurant

Reviewed August 21, 2014

The owner was very cordial and talked to us for quite a while. Restaurant very comfortable and western looking. I had walleye and my boyfriend had buffalo ribeye, both delicious. The cowboy macaroni and cheese and baked beans are a must.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

After all the great reviews, this was our first dinner stop in Hill City. We were disappointed. After 30 minutes waiting for a table, we still had to ask the hostess to send over the server after about 15 minutes of waiting at the table. The service didn't really improve after that. As for the food, my son ordered the ribs, and my husband ordered the chicken fried steak, both of which were really tough. The cowboy spaghetti was ok, and my chicken salad was good. Not worth the money.

1  Thank RonaMN
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved the food served here. We could substitute the flour tortillas for corn ones and black bean burger and portobello mushroom burger instead of meat. It is hard to find vegetarian choices in little towns, and even harder to avoid the bread and bun. But this restaurant filled not only our special dietary needs but also our taste buds. I am an accomplished cook and create my own recipes at home. This restaurant serves great Mexican style flavorful dishes.

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family of 4 ate here and really enjoyed it. I thought my chicken fried steak was good, then tried my husband's buffalo roast, great! Then we tried or daughters ribeye steaks, fantastic!! Nice beer selection too..