Royal River Casino & Hotel
$70
Hotels.com
Bilmar Inn & Suites(Dell Rapids)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Super 8 by Wyndham Brookings(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$82
$101
$99
Fairfield Inn
$114
Hampton.com
My Place Hotel-Brookings, SD(Brookings)
$77
$72
Quality Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$64
$56
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 5, 2013

GOOD
- Food is cheap
- 2Q room had table&chairs and plenty of space
- We were VERY successful in the casino. They claim a 96% payback and we left several hundred ahead
- The superbowl party was fun. Great nacho bar and we had our own personal bartender plus we won tons of great prizes
- All the employees, except 1 were very helpful and friendly. The blackjack dealers and bartenders were really fun.
- Drinks were plenty strong
- Accommodated request for 3 rooms next to/across from each other
- High stakes slots have 1 dollar machines

BAD
- Room 132 is a long walk to the front desk and casino
- Buffet food is just ok but its cheap (bkfst = 499)
- Hairs in the sink

UGLY
- The beds and tv are old
- front desk person (evening of Feb 3rd, 2013 - she was the only person there at the time), told me that it was too much paperwork to upgrade me to a suite

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor, in the 100-110 range if you want to be closer to the casino.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChickWithAStamp
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were on a bus tour to the Badlands, Black Hills, and casinos. We were booked in here for our first and last night of the trip. The casino is alright, I guess, but I'm not the gambler in the family. We were given vouchers for the buffet both nights, and it was quite good. The second stay is where the problems really stuck out. First, we were given a handicapped room, which we did not need. That was not the problem. The problem is that all three handicapped rooms are at least 100 yards from the front desk! Who designed this? The room smelled of smoke, which is not the hotel's fault, but we immediately called the staff so we would not get charged. We had a desk lamp that was not lit. Turns out it was unplugged because the switch is missing. The staff comment: "It's too late to call maintenance, besides there is enough light in here". Excuse me???? I was in the restaurant when the Thursday night football game came on NFL Network. Great, I thought, and back to my room I went to find a 1970's TV and TV lineup with no NFL Network, no Fox News, etc. I went to the desk and they told me that the hotel and casino are on different cable systems, besides, they are in the bottom of a valley. Huh? What does that have to do with no decent cable service in the hotel, not to mention the first 18", tube-type TV I have seen in a hotel in many years. There was a pervasive sewer gas smell in the entire wing. Several in the group commented about that. There was no spot for facial tissue, so we had to ask the desk for some so we could just put it on the desk. There was a pill on the floor, which told us that whoever did the vacuuming did not do a very good job. All in all, not a very good hotel experience. The casino seemed pretty good, but you should stay somewhere else, even if it is a 1/2 hour drive or so from the casino.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank flutepilot
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent hotel and casino...The nights stay price included dinner coupons and casino coupons...Excellent dining room...
You can eat for nothing and walk away with money in your pocket if your lucky.
If you are looking for a place to meet with your friends this is the place!

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed on Sept. 21st, after seeing a casino special offering 30 dollars in dining, 20 in free play for 90 dollars. We decided we would give it a try as we were tired of spending over 120 dollars a night in Brookings when we travel to see our kids in collage. Checking in was easy and the room was very clean, my inlaws traveled with us and they were happy with there room also. We used our 30 dollar meal vouchers at the restaurant and were very pleased with the service and food. the waitress was one of the best we have ever encountered. After signing up for a players card we had 25 dollars free play, that went fast along with a extra 15 of my own money. My father inlaw won 100.00 to take home. Brookings was only a 15 minute drive and well worth the davings of staying here. This hotel is a winner, although pool is small and hot tub also. We plan on staying here from now on when we visit brookings.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tslammer
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I stayed here recently while working in the area. I was a bit apprehensive after reading about smokey-smelling rooms. I'm happy to say that my first floor room (near the bend, around the corner from the ice machine) was fine. I didn't notice any sort of smoke smell at all.

The free wii-fi worked well, and the bed was comfortable. I didn't notice any noise from the hallway. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

The only thing I think the (regular) room lacked was a fridge/microwave. I know that the suites have them, but I really missed having them in my regular room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business