“Good roadside accommodation.”
Review of Home Towne Inn

Home Towne Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elk Point
Home Towne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elk Point
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff lifts this otherwise ordinary roadside motel into the prefered place to stay on I-29 between Sioux Falls and Sioux City. Fast food outlets are nearby for when you're hungry.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike C

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I want to preface this review by noting that my expectations were for a small town hotel, not a corporate chain. Hence, a higher review than I would have given to a chain.

My husband and I didn’t have reservations and arrived at the hotel around 10:30 p.m. We were turned off by the large group of people standing in front of the entrance smoking.

The owner of the hotel checked us in. Although it was later in the evening, the hallway to our room was clean. The room was described by my husband as perfect for a group of hunters. Room appeared to be well-cared for.... it was basic but clean with older counter tops in the bathroom. Bed was ok, not a high end mattress but the comforters looked new. There was a mini-refrigerator in the room and flat screen tv, although we didn’t use either one.

The room was surprisingly quiet. When we were checking in, we heard babies crying and louder guests. I don’t know if it was well insulated or if we were placed in an area without neighbors, but we had a restful night’s sleep.

Checking out in the morning, the owner was cleaning rooms. It was very obvious to us he cared deeply for the property and took pride in it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank agiasos

Been to Home Towne Inn? Share your experiences!