Review Highlights
Great details

Very cool train model with incredible detail. We took our 4 teens downstairs to check it out. It... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Adventurer201096
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
Simply Amazing

The train display is located in the basement of a gift shop at 614 Main Street. It's free to visit... read more

Reviewed December 18, 2019
SheriffBTJustice
Texas Gulf Coast, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Deadwood
from $6.00
More Info
from $10.00
More Info
All reviews trains run train set love trains labor of love the main drag gift shop main st basement track downstairs enthusiasts machine
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2014

Very elaborate HO gauge set up, we always go see this when we are in town. No fee for admission, very neat thing to see particularly if you have children.

Date of experience: September 2014
1  Thank Kickbass
Reviewed October 12, 2014 via mobile

This was a very neat thing to see!!! The person doing this has alot of passion as u can tell by seeing it!!! My ten year old loved it!!! It's free will donations!!! Loved seeing it!!!

1  Thank tneemann
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I am not into trains but this set up is very cool. It is just downstairs from one of the gift shops so a little hard to find but worth looking for. The details put into this model train are wonderful! For a quarter you can see the two trains make their way around the tracks. While watching the train you can check out the signs on the walls asking you to find certain pieces on the model such as a campfire or waterfall. The Deadwood stagecoach and many other Deadwood sites are included in the model.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank ktzgmau
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My five year old liked it, if you put a couple quarters in the box the trains will run. I didn't like it since there wasn't a lot of room to maneuver around it and there were enough people there to make it feel a bit tight. So I sat upstairs and waited while my hubby and little guy checked it out. I wouldn't go there if it weren't for my little guy. If you are into model trains and such you will love this, if not you won't care.

Date of experience: August 2014
1  Thank 2sweet4umarie
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you are a model train enthusiast, a young child or just a grown-up child you will enjoy this wonderful model railroad display. Even when none of the modelers are there you can put in some quarters and watch several HO trains traverse a very detailed model layout. So much detail is included it must have taken hundreds of hours of dedicated work to achieve. I loved it.

Date of experience: July 2014