“Excellent”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. Pricey but worth the expenditure if you like elegant dining in remote areas.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was here last Christmas and my mom who was visiting is a SUPER picky eater and the chef came out and talked with her and created something just for her. I was IMPRESSED. I've been here several times. The food is ALWAYS FABULOUS. I love the atmosphere, the service, etc... I've eaten here with friends, my husband (our June anniversary) and my huge family - Great dining.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food here was very good, if slightly (very slightly) overpriced. The menu was nice, thought I've not sure the Caesar salad benefited from being grilled (or was it fried :-) ) The server was generally good, but again not outstanding.

We went without reservations, and were told that a table would be available at 8:30, which we accepted. When we arrived a very ( about 20) were about to receive there main courses, and so the servers and kitchen staff were fully occupied, resulting in a slightly longer wait than I imagine some Americans would be happy with, but again nothing serious. It ay have been better to say 8:45 rather than 8:30?

In short the food was good, service was good and ambience was good, and would happily go back, but there are small issues, but nothing serious.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Midnight Star is an interesting place, just because of all the Kevin Costner movie memorabilia. Costner has fused his Dances with Wolves experience with Hollywood sophistication, and made a restaurant that would fit in any major metropolitan area. The decor is cute but elegant. Service was a bit slow, but the food was the star. I had a grilled Caesar salad that came in a deconstructed fashion, which was really unusual and delicious! The sauce that came with it (hard to call it dressing) really made it. They have a great menu, and we had some kind of duck dish that was really flavorful. The waitress served a refreshing palate-cleansing sorbet between courses. You don't see that often anymore. If visiting Deadwood, don't miss this treat.

4  Thank irishmist1
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Bone in ribeyes were excellent. Professional waiters uncommon in resort areas but Jakes does it right.