“Best Place to Dine in Deadwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jakes Atop The Midnight Star - CLOSED

Jakes Atop The Midnight Star
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Southlake, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Place to Dine in Deadwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Bone in ribeyes were excellent. Professional waiters uncommon in resort areas but Jakes does it right.

Visited August 2013

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Remote quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I recently had an opportunity to be in Deadwood for dinner. I had been given Jack's as a recommendation. My concerns were unfounded. Jack's is named after Kevin Costner's character in Dances with Wolves. The movie was filmed nearby. I had Buffalo Braised Shank. I asked the waitress if the dish was accompanied with a marrow spoon. When told it was, I knew this restaurant knew what they were doing. The meal couldn't have been better. The soup come out and it was delicious. Next was a small scoop of lime sorbet. This was to cleanse the pallet prior the main course. The buffalo came out beautifully presented and elegantly served. The meat was cooked to perfection. The marrow was of course delectable. I recommend highly Jake's when visiting Deadwood.

Visited August 2013
Golden, Colorado
“Fun Memorabilia to Look at While You Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went here alone while my husband was recouping in the room because I just needed to eat something. It was suggested by our host. It didn't not disappoint. Being by myself, I had plenty to look at with all of the Kevin Costner memorabilia. I was also impressed to be able to eat a burger WITH a bun as they had gluten-free buns (I usually just eat a burger without anything in most restaurants if I feel like having a burger).

Visited June 2013
“Be ready for a wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We went here for our anniversary after reading other reviews. The tables are close together with only a few by the windows overlooking the street. Wine selection was poor. The steaks were very good & cooked perfectly. It was the smallest Caesars salad I've ever had! Maybe 2 small Romaine leaves but the dressing was tasty. Service was slow between courses but we weren't in a hurry anyway. They are only open Wednesday thru Saturday from 5:00-10:00. I might be inclined to try another place next visit.

• Visited August 2013
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“sophistication in the wild west”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited Jake's yearly on our annual trip. The food and service along with the atmosphere is excellent. However, DON'T be in a rush service takes sometime. The Cosner memorabela is interesting and the pricing fair. If you would like fine dining this is the place to visit in Deadwood.

• Visited August 2013