“2nd time, not quite as I remember 1st time round.”
Review of Jakes Atop The Midnight Star - CLOSED

Jakes Atop The Midnight Star
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Probably the only decent dining in Deadwood. Atmosphere, service etc was excellent, really no complaints. My wife had a chicken dish which was excellent, I had the seafood tortellini dish which was not what I remembered for our last time, the pasta was definitely standard supermarket fare and even though the salad was included, was not worth it. Beautiful restaurant, pity that some of the customers are dressed in shorts etc. Will eat here again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

In the midst of a gambling mecca filled with bad food, we enjoyed a quiet, delicious dinner. The menu was quite good as was the quality and quantity of the food. This was the best meal that we had in South Dakota. We enjoyed looking at the Kevin Costner memorabilia on the walls, but it was the food that earned them four stars from us.

1  Thank Mmeyernos
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When you're walking up the stairs to the upper level restaurant that is Jake's, you'll pass dozens of movie posters that stared none other than Kevin Costner.
It's his restaurant.
The decor was very nice and there was a piano player tickling the ivories to the tunes of television shows.
It was pretty cool.
The food was amazing.
My wife and I both got steaks and they were perfect.
If we ever went back to Deadwood, we would definitely be eating at Jakes again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Rough Guide got this one right. I think casinos are generally tacky but this one wasn't too bad, with it's film costumes, shop, etc. Costner's stylish restaurant makes the place. The service was excellent, and the steak and wine were too. For such a venue it was surprisingly good value, considering the quality of the food.

P.S. I was there before May 2012, but that's the earliest you can put down.

Thank 237enigma .
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our group was in Deadwood for a snowmobiling trip and we made reservations for the second night at Jake's. One couple in our group who have a place there frequent the restaurant and said it was the best. The service is impeccable and the setting is reminiscent of old hollywood. Ornate decor and the pianist added to the ambiance. On a snowy evening it felt so warm and inviting there. The food was stellar and we liked that the menu featured some unique items like buffalo stew. It is worth the money if you are in Deadwood to check this place out. A great experience.

1  Thank RoadWarriorGirl75