“Fun Atmosphere and Good Food”

Buffalo Bodega Complex
Ranked #23 of 53 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Buffalo Bar is one of the oldest establishments in Deadwood, SD. It has been located at this site since its founding in June, 1877. Come in for a bite to eat or cold beer! If you are are more interested in the club scent the buffalo boasts a wild night life with a live DJ on Friday and Saturday's.
Clinton, Missouri
“Fun Atmosphere and Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate here after a long hard day of riding. We wanted something different and good. I ordered the buffalo burger and fries and loved the flavor and the portions. My wife ordered the chicken strips dinner and she enjoyed it and the sauce. The atmosphere is an open area and they had a guy singing and entertaining and that was fun. The food was great. It is always busy, but even with it being busy, my drink stayed full and we were given attention very often. I like my experience and would return. But with so many options in Deadwood, I would probably mix it up.

• Visited July 2013
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Buffalo Bodega Complex, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us at the Buffalo Bodega! We strive to provide the best service and best value for your money!

Thank you for your review and we hope you dine with us again next time you're in town.

Dead
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Boo!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were lured in to the Bodega by the great country singer on the patio. We were seated immediately on an afternoon summer weekday. And we were greeted very quickly by a young waiter. I ordered a bloody mary and my husband inquired about beers on tap. The young guy didn't know what kinds of beer they had and wasn't sure if he got all of the on-tap products correct. I asked about my beer chaser w/ my bloody and was told the bartender was "really busy." Later I inquired again and was told that it was an extra $1 to have the beer chaser w/ my bloody. The menu was fairly limited. We ordered steak fries for the table to share, finished our drinks, and left, vowing not to return.

1 Thank Libby F
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Buffalo Bodega Complex, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! Your experience with us has been addressed and we are confident that it will not be repeated. We take great pride in giving the best customer service and giving you the best value for your money.

We hope you will stop by again and see us next time you're in Deadwood!
Keenesburg, Colorado
“Awesome food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

This place was so cool. It was rainy and humid outside so we couldn't eat outside but inside was awesome! We would go back again! I loved the food and the atmosphere was so much fun!

• Visited June 2013
We are very glad you enjoyed your stop by the Steakhouse! We do our best to provide you with the best customer service as well as the best meal for your money.

We hope you come back and see us next time you're in town to enjoy a repeat performance!
Wisconsin
“Not the same”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I reviewed the Bodega back in 2009, the last time we were in Deadwood. When we visited again a month ago, I was sad to see it wasn't the same. We arrived for an early dinner, but I cannot say anything about the food because we left without eating. The place seemed dingy, dirty, and had a funny smell. It wasn't what it was back in 2009. No one came to seat us, greet us, anything. I grabbed a menu to look at while we waited, but it was sticky and crusty feeling. We decided to leave because I just didn't feel comfortable eating there. We loved this place on our last trip, but this time we left feeling let down.

• Visited June 2013
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Buffalo Bodega Complex, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review the restaurant. We take great pride in giving the best customer service as well as creating a family style atmosphere for you to have the best experience in Deadwood. There is definite room for improvement based on your review and those issues have been addressed.

We hope we have another opportunity to serve you and your family! Hopefully your trip to the Steakhouse will be an all together awesome experience.
“Great in 2012, terrible in 2013.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I've had the opportunity to travel into the black hills on a few occasions and I have eaten at a lot of great places. Last year, in 2012, I stumbled into the Bodega and thoroughly enjoyed myself. The food was great inside and out in the stockade. I enjoyed Yancy and the atmosphere greatly. But this year, 2013, everything good has changed. The food was bad and service was worse. Everything that was good seems to be gone. I was very disappointed in my experience.

1 Thank Lovegoodfoodalways
Thank you very much for reviewing the restaurant. We appreciate all feedback and your experience with us at the steakhouse is cause for concern. We strive to make the best possible atmosphere while giving the best customer service and we fell short of that on your visit.

Your comments have been addressed by the staff and hopefully you'll come back and give us another try.

Been to Buffalo Bodega Complex? Share your experiences!