“Excellent stop for Chocolate!”

Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Deadwood
Description: For Chip, it all started with her mom’s kitchen and dreams of chocolate. Even as a little girl, she was busy concocting mouthwatering chocolate treats and desserts. Since then, she’s honed her skills and become even more passionate about creating delectably delicious confections. Her sunny kitchen, located in historic Deadwood, South Dakota, is where her chocolate dreams come true every day. Each treat is an original creation, and each promises to make you swoon and sway with delight. The secret? Chip makes her truffles, toffee, and caramel with butter and love, the ingredients that make for the most sigh-worthy desserts. So next time you’re visiting Deadwood, make sure to stop into Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolate Shop. This magical little confectionery promises to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth -- grown-ups and children alike.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I heard about it through trip advisor and a friend, and what a great stop for chocolate! It is on the drive between Deadwood and Lead and well worth the quick diversion. Not much to see when driving by, but make the time to stop, even if it is after hours as they have their hand dipped chocolates in a vending machine! The shop itself is small, but you just need to try the samples, choose how many of which ones and enjoy!

1  Thank Margaret K

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am a proud chocoholic and thought I had tasted the best over the years, but then I had never been to the Chubby Chipmunk. We were on a long auto sightseeing trip and our next stop was Deadwood. Coming around a curve on the highway entering town I spotted an old gas station turned chocolate shop and I pulled an abrupt stop. Once inside we could not decide what to buy but finally chose three dark chocolate truffles and a coconut truffle. Next time it will be a box of ten at least. They are pricey, but then again they are larger than truffles found at other chocolatiers. You don't just eat these truffles, you experience them!

1  Thank rshay
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped in to pickup a hostess gift. I am proud to say it actually went to the hostess but not after deliberating about it. These chocolates are divine. I ended picking up a box for the 10 drive back to the hotel and they were GONE! I'm really glad I do not live close by or these could be a problem for me. The owner was so courteous and gave samples to try. You have to go here folks. They are pricey but you definitely get what you pay for!!!

4  Thank kleeblee
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everything you could want in a truffle and more. So beautiful, So decadent, So smooth, So rich, Sooooo Yummmmmy! A little pricey for some, But sooo worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I get near deadwood I have to stop at chubbys and get some truffles. I can't even say my favorite, because they are all excellent. This trip my husband and I got two milk chocolate (PB and Carmel) and two dark (toffee and double dark). They were all fabulous - melt in your mouth soft centers! I love chocolate and this by far is the best. We went back to get more before we left, but unfortunately closed on Sunday and the vending machine was broke.

2  Thank SDtrave