Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates
Ranked #2 of 12 Shopping in Deadwood
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Deadwood, South Dakota, Chubby Chipmunk Hand-Dipped Chocolates has long been a favorite stop for tourists and locals alike. We have been creating decadent confections ever since opening seven years ago, and our small chocolate boutique very rarely has one-time customers. We believe in our product and a policy of free samples, so let us show you why one taste of our chocolate will make you a die-hard fan! Our Truffles are made with "butter and love" and are "To Sigh For"
Mason, Ohio
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Oh My!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

This is a place that could easily become a habit...if you like excellent chocolate and truffles! It is outside of Deadwood and you'll think you missed it...but look carefully! Well worth the stop, a picture and a taste that you won't soon forget!

Visited August 2014

Royersford, Pennsylvania
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“It's as good as they say!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I decided to check out this place based on the reviews others had written on TripAdvisor. I went to get a gift for my parents, who have a sweet tooth. Though I've been to Deadwood a number of times, I had never been to the Chubby Chipmunk, but with a name like that, how can you not check it out?!

Once we found it, we had to wait for a hail storm to finish, to get out of the vehicle. So close yet so far! Finally got into this cute tiny shop, and it's a chocolate lover's dream! Gorgeous truffles and chocolates galore, with samples on the counter of their creamy luscious treasures!

I commented that I thought they were a bit pricey, but they told me they were worth it. As my dad called them the best he's ever eaten, they were certainly worth the price. . .smooth, rich and just yummy! I guess I'll have to check out their online service to have them shipped! They even have a cute machine for 24-hour service when you're in Deadwood, for when you're just jonesing for a chocolate fix.

You're definitely missing something if you don't stop by this little shop. It will take you some time though to choose from the 42 different flavors!

Visited August 2014
Council Bluffs, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Must Stop in Deadwood for Chocolate Lovers”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The Chubby Chipmunk is a must stop visit for chocolate lovers when you travel to Deadwood. The flavor in each truffle is actually an overload for the senses and my advice is not to buy too much on your first visit. Start slow and plan on stopping back a couple of times when you travel through the area. It's worth stopping by the store just to get a picture standing by the chipmunk.

Visited July 2014
Stillwater, Minnesota
123 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 182 helpful votes
“Eclectic Shop, Delicious Chocolates”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

In an eclectic converted gas station on the outskirts of Deadwood you will find a small shop filled with creatively prepared delicious chocolates. We picked up espresso and cherry almond truffles made with rich dark chocolate - totally awesome. We tried free samples of key lime white chocolate that was the best white chocolate we've ever had. I'm sorry we didn't pick up any of the gold-dust sprinkled chocolate 'dollar' bars which would make wonderful gifts to friends back home but we'll do that next time. The owners have created a happy little place to indulge your sweet tooth. Chubby Chipmunk is well worth a visit or maybe two while in Deadwood.

Visited May 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Chocolate and Art”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This amazing chocolate was the best ever! The building is a converted gas station and would be so easy to drive past but you must stop! The beautiful designs on the chocolates will keep you choosing and rechoosing which items to buy. You will not be disappointed in your choice! Go, taste, buy and smile!

Visited June 2014