“Love Celebrity Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Love Celebrity Hotel”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have stayed at the Celebrity Hotel for years. We just love it. Some of the most awesome rooms. We love room #211 if it is just my husband and myself, it is just a wonderful, not big, just perfect for the 2 of us. When we go for October Fest we usually get one of the suites that has a full kitchen and there is a Veranda right outside on the roof. There beds and pillows are awesome. When I travel I always bring my pillow, but I don't when we stay at this hotel:) Always feel very welcome and have never had a bad experience here. Very clean and the staff are very friendly. Fun to walk around and look at all the Movie items they have on display.

Room Tip: Room #211 has an awesome duel steam shower!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honkswife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This Hotel was the finest in our three week travels of the South Dakota and Yellow Stone Trip. The Staff were like family, they went out of there way to make you feel wanted and attended to. In five days and nights I never had to open my wallet to pay for a drink as they made sure you enjoyed your stay. On week end days & Nights they had free Hotdogs and Bar B Q for snacks. The Rooms were wonderful, the beds were the best. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the Marlin Monroe Room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Celebrity Hotel rooms are beautiful, comfortable beds, and well insulated from road or casino room noise. The nighty action at sundown across the street can be watched from the second floor patio overlooking Historic Downtown Deadwood. Everything at this place is top notch for a great price. The casino has several "Celebrity" items on hand for viewing.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, but you may request a certain "Celebrity" like the "Elvis Pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lethbridge, AB, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The rooms are wonderful and clean, Staff is very friendly and the prices are great!!! Always my favorite place to stay. The new owners have kept up the excellence of the hotel, improved it even as all the beds are new and very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bianca01
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was very unique. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Bathroom was huge. Room needed a little updating. TV was an older model. The cabinet for clothes was in need of repair. The viewing deck looking down on the Main Street was very , very nice. Very relaxing after a day of exploring the local parks. Breakfast was ok. I expected more. A few Danish, yogurt, instant oatmeal, poor coffee.
All that being said I would stay here again. Parking was tough.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Brusta60
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at The Celebrity for the last several years the week prior to The Sturgis Rally and always stay in the same room, a king suite. The rooms are small for an average room, very small for a suite and they do not offer a mini refrigerator which we had suggested several times. We returned the last few years because the room faced Main Street and I loved the bathroom with it's large shower and jacuzzi tub. The room was priced higher than several other locations we had checked in Deadwood. Because of our recommendation we also had several friends book rooms at the hotel. We will never stay at The Celebrity again.

Parking has always been an issue though this year things got totally out of hand. There is a very small lot next to the hotel which we have always used to park the motorcycle. This year for the first time I was informed there was also a lot across the street also for use when guests stay at The Celebrity.

We went out for a day trip on our bike with another couple on their bike. When we returned one of the "supervisors" ran up to our motorcycle yelling that someone had moved his orange cones and we needed to tell them to move their bikes. We had no idea what he was talking about and told him we didn't know who those motorcycles belonged to. Perhaps this person assumed all Harley riders must be together! The man was very agitated and continued to rant about the motorcycles. There was room in the lot for our bikes where we had previously parked and we proceeded to do so. The "supervisor" actually approached my husband, charging toward him and getting within a few inches from his face after a heated exchange about these motorcyles we knew nothing about. I only wish I had my cell phone in my hand to videotape the exchange. My husband practiced extreme restraint in not reacting to such irrational behavior.

I went to my room called the front desk and asked to speak with Ken the manager. I was told he would be out until Monday and I spoke with another "supervisor". Parking was explained to be "first come first serve" I made several suggestions: why not give a parking pass like so many other hotels do? how about getting a license plate number of guests? I was told they do that but for the last several years no one has ever asked us for a license plate number. The response I got was someone isn't doing their job. I was shown my registration and it said "bike in lot" that was not in my handwriting and again we were never asked a vehicle description or license plate number. Maybe they need a lot attendant on the weekends.

Main Street in Deadwood in the summer can be busy. There is no doubt in my mind that people raise the chain and park in that lot even if they are not staying at the hotel. The little man who approached my husband apparently had a spot blocked off for a historical camaro from a movie they had coming in......the kicker? The car never showed up until late the next day!

No one ever apologized for the irrational and unprofessional behavior. When I told the supervisor I felt we could not stay there an additional 4 nights he said I was welcome to check out. I walked next door and booked a room and indeed checked out. The next day I again asked to speak with Ken the manager or the owner but was told no one was available.

The rooms are nice but also over priced which would be okay if the hotel had excellent customer service, it doesn't. They need some serious management help as well as customer service training.
I was happy to experience the above and beyond customer service of one of Celebrity's competitor's.
I also noticed they had vacancies the remainder of the week and their little lot was fairly empty!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Penny20132013
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel doesn't give a very favorable look from the street but very nice inside. The rooms were clean, well appointed and the staff was outstanding in every way. While the rooms were a bit small, they served our needs more than adequately. Do not let the street front fool you. The staff was helpful from the casino, the bar tenders, the cleaning folks, the registration desk, just all of them went out of their way to be helpful, courtious and pleasant all of the time that we were there. We stayed two nights in Deadwood and I'd go back to the Celebrity again. The hotel is centrally located so nearly everything is an easy walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends