We just came from Deadwood this week. We had booked our room at the Comfort Inn but decided we would like to stay on Main Street, first stop, Franklin. I had visited their website before we left and could have sworn it said something about renovations being completed. We checked in.
Our room was just old and worn out, the only charming thing about it was the claw foot tub, even that was worn and needed help. The room was dark and of course the air conditioner in the window, it did work. I will have to say the room was clean but it was depressing. We had a noisy party next to us, lost sleep, so we changed rooms. This room was the same but it had a newer bathtub but the shower head was not working right.
We had visited years ago and stayed here but I can't remember much, I think the rooms were worse then but I do remember liking the lobby. I remember the old elevator that had to be run by someone. Of course it is gone with the renovation of the lobby. The main floor is big and uninviting.
We were told they are going to start renovating the rooms. I just hope they keep in mind that this is a historic old hotel and try to bring back some charm to the rooms.
Our first night we decided to eat the buffet across the street at the Siverado, we wanted to use the coupons the hotel had given us. The buffet was terrible. Mounds of cracked blacked pepper in several dishes. I thought I would be saved by dessert, flies sitting and flying about the desserts sitting out uncovered.
We went back for their two coiner breakfast and it was ok for the price, eggs, potatoes and toast.
Overall I was very disappointed in our stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel and Gaming Complex is located at the Top of Main in the Historic town of Deadwood, SD. The Silverado & Franklin feature over 375 state of the art slot machines, 22-blackjack tables and 5 live poker tables in one of Deadwood's most elegant poker rooms. Callahan's Irish Pub and the Veranda (seasonal) serve all of your favorite spirits as does the lounge at the Silverado. All you can eat Crab and Prime Rib Buffet every Friday and Saturday. Deadwood's Premier Steakhouse - Legends Steakhouse serves breakfast and dinner daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel & Gaming Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Franklin Historic Hotel And Gaming Complex
- Silverado Franklin Historic Deadwood
- Historic Franklin Hotel