“Family Trip for birthdays.”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Family Trip for birthdays.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

This Hotel & Casino was the hi-lite of Our trip to Deadwood. The rooms were large, restaurant was wonderful food...all employees, including the manager treated our family just great, everyone loved it. The staff could not have been better, regardless of their position. The casino was very clean and well run, as was the motel. Great place for a fun packed family trip.

Room Tip: Rooms on second floor were so handy and great because you could take the stairs very easily but elev...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll let our staff know of your nice kind comments on the rooms, restaurant, and friendly attitudes of everyone around. If you're in the area and need a stress free stay, come stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I am not sure why we went to Deadwood and as a non gambler will never go back...but...that being said...had a really fun time the night we stayed at Cadillac Jacks. The room was big, clean and comfortable.. the bathroom was nice and big and spotless! The food is nothing fancy but good and affordable. You received discounts when you checked in for food. Great Happy hour and free well drinks when gambling. I had a bit of beginners luck and did pretty well on the slots. All the staff was friendly and willing to help.....best part of the town in my mind!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sharonannmac
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your review! When guests come to Deadwood (even the non-gamblers) we hope that they choose Cadillac Jack's as their "home base" from which they can experience a wide array of interesting sights and things to do. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience with the staff, and enjoyed our specials. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The room itself was fine - it was clean, it was comfortable. On the 3rd floor you couldn't hear any casino noise. We found parking in the tiny lot out front (not easily) so we did not run into the same issues as others with parking. Our issues with the hotel started at the front desk. As you may have read from other reviews, they do charge a few additional fees and incidentals that you have to swipe your credit card for. They said my first card was "declined" so I offered them a different one. When I got my credit card statement, they had charged a hold of a significant portion on both of them, and one of them twice. The credit card company was very helpful in facilitating this overcharge but the hotel was not upfront about their placing a hold on finances on two cards. Breakfast is advertised, but is an additional $14.95 each (although they will give you a buy-one-get-one for staying at the hotel).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah D
Thank you for the kind words regarding our clean and comfortable rooms. We appreciate comments from our guests especially on ways to improve for their next visit. Due to popular demand, we have moved away from the breakfast buffet and now offer a delicious selection of breakfast-menu items. Hopefully you are able to stay again to try the new items, as we have received great feedback. Once again thank you, and we look forward to your next visit.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Room was spotlessly clean and up to date. The bed was very comfortable. I'm surprised how little noise there was as the rooms were right above the casino and right on the main road. I would choose this hotel over the ones right in town just due to less noise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathryn B
Thank you so much for staying with us while you were in Deadwood. We appreciate you choosing our hotel over the many other options in the downtown area. We truly value the high praise of our clean, comfortable, and quiet rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again.
Topeka, KS
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We found a "$69 special on their website and called the hotel to make a reservation. The young man at the hotel told me he could not find that rate, but after I directed him to the page where the rate was, he conceded, and we made the reservation. He extolled the virtues of the hotel, including the free valet parking, $15 in "Cadillac Cash," pool, hot tub, free trolley to downtown Deadwood every 20 minutes, the view of the mountains, and other money-savers for visitors. On the way to the hotel we found a coupon for a $49 per night rate. As we pulled into the parking lot, which was packed, we saw that the hotel is connected to the Springhill Suites (more on that later), but we saw no sign of a valet. We parked in a 15 minute parking space and went in to register. The young man at the desk could not find our reservation until I gave him my confirmation number. I showed him the $49 coupon, whereupon he asked another desk person who hesitated and then said they could not honor that rate (on a Wednesday? When the hotel was not full?). We would have left right then, but we were past the deadline to cancel. Oh, and the $12.95 resort fee! After explaining that we felt it was a bad deal, the clerk said he could take it off the bill, but we would not get the $15 in "Cadillac Cash" and we would forfeit all of the other "benefits." We unloaded our luggage and made the trip to our "mountain view" room, which was quite nicely appointed with good wi-fi, refrigerator, microwave and a good "view" of the mountain---about 15 feet way from the window. We were on the 3rd floor (the 4th floor is reserved for smoking and pet rooms), and we could still smell the smoke in the hallways. Now, here's the news on the pool: the hotel shares the very nice indoor pool and hot tub with the Springhill Suites. The front desk staff told me that "you just go to the end of the hallway, open the fire doors, go down the stairs, and its right there." Well, what you do is go to the end of the hallway, open the fire door, go down the stairs, walk through the hallway of the Springhill Suites, take the elevator down to the first floor of the Springhill Suites, use another card (which the Cadillac Jack's staff did not mention) and there you will find the pool. We were somewhat disgruntled by this time, but the Springhill Suites staff kindly gave us a pool access card. We went to the Cadillac Jack's front desk and mentioned this, they apologized, and I asked if there were going to be any more unpleasant surprises. The young lady replied, "The elevators do loop-de-loops," and laughed. We were not amused. We did not eat in the bar, although one does get a 20% discount. We did take advantage of the $15 Cadillac Cash (after being entertained by the confusion and and clamor of several parties in front of us at the casino desk). We saw no sign of the "free cocktails" promised in the casino nor did we ever see evidence of "free valet parking." Oh, we did get net $10 on the slots by using our "Cadillac Cash" so we almost made up for the resort fee, but the inconveniences we experienced made this hotel a bad bet for us.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, but if you must stay here, ask for a room facing the street where you do get a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SYLVIATOPEKA
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It truly saddens me that your stay at Cadillac Jack's was not what you were expecting. Our valet service is available 24 hours. Our front desk staff is happy to have valet arranged for our guests if they are not seen right away. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps guide our decisions in an effort to provide and maintain the highest level of quality in service. I would love to speak with you directly to find out if there was anything else that our staff, including myself, could have done to provide a better service to you. If there is anything else you would like to share with me about your experience, or if I can be of service in any way, I would very much appreciate you contacting me at Kristi@CJResort.com or 605-578-1500. We would love to welcome you back for a future stay, and we'll be sure to get you a room with a great view!
Reviewed June 7, 2014

in all fairness the hotel was clean and comfortable. That is where it ends. It started at check in at the front desk where they clip you for a daily hotel user fee of 12.95 per day. I was very suprised by this since I paid in full on expedia. Jena the clerk then gives me a card and says expedia is behind on posting this extra charge and here is a members card that will reimburse you more than the 12.95 fee per day. Im not a gambler the starbucks 2fer1 and the cadillac cash and restraunt discount did not make the feeling of being ripped off go away. For the price we could have stayed at the marriott next door. We stayed 3 nites. Rooms were comfortable and clean. although there is a lot of street noise on the rooms facing the main drag. The final kicker for us was when we ran out of toilet paper. The first morning we told the maid you dont have to clean but leave some toilet paper. no go. the second morning we had the room cleaned and asked for TP again. still no toilet paper. first thing the 3rd morning we call jena at the front desk. we have no tissue no napkins no toilet paper. We will send it right up. 20 min later no toilet paper. We try calling the desk and the ph is busy for 10 more min. I had to get dressed and go down to the front desk and make a scene to get toilet paper. So an otherwise clean comfortable hotel I wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you have your own toilet paper and dont mind being ripped off by extra fees. The sports bar was hit and miss. first nite good food and fantastic waiter. Next nite the food was bad and could not get the waiters attention even after waving my arms. He was too busy talking to the waitress. only time we saw the waiter again is when he brought the bill .

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main street are very noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rickwieser
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am truly sorry you were disappointed in your recent stay with us. Our # 1 objective is to ensure that every guest feels CARE – Cared for, Appreciated and Respected at Every encounter; we are deeply saddened you did not feel this way. I would certainly like to discuss this further in hopes of welcoming you back in the future. If you could please be so kind as to reach out to me directly so that we can find a resolution to this matter I would be honored. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you. kristi@cjresort.com
Regent, North Dakota
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We recently had the honor of spending our anniversary with the good people of Cadillac Jack's gaming resort and Springhill staff. Because we travel with a "fur baby" we need pet friendly accommodations. When they say they are pet friendly,they mean it. Kristi Stuart is the hotel manager. She will do whatever she can to help you have a wonderful experience. If you are lucky enough to meet Edward at the desk, rest assured things will go smoothly. At the players desk you will meet Warner. His goal is to assist guests in having an awesome stay .The restaurant staff, bartenders,and cocktails are some of the most hard working people I've ever met. Jami, Amanda,, Jess,Allison,Cat and Nicole are amazing Meredith has her team on top of their game. Tim the casino boss keeps the floor moving with promotions and many chances to win. Great variety of slots. Poker room seems always busy. My favorite place to be is in the blackjack pit. You would have never heard me say that a few years ago. Josh, Chawn,Colt,and Greg keep the place lively and fun. I.challenge any casino to assemble a finer staff. Andrea,Missy,Linda,Lori, Sarah, Karen,Julie,Stacy,Mike,Jeremy,Jeff,Paula,Tina,Tana,Ginger,Jason,Dylan,Jordan,and Yes, even Grayson. If I forgot anyone l apologize. On the weekends hang around to see the Blush girls twirl on the silks. Amazing. With a pet we are assigned rooms on the 4 th floor..The best people I've ever encountered in housekeeping......Christy Buckmeier Goddard and Heather Stewart . These ladies go above and way beyond anything we have ever experienced elsewhere. The employees have made a conscious effort to be the best they can be. They are not phonies.they treat their guests not like a job they have to do. They treat us like friends and family. And when we go down that's exactly how we feel........We are spending time with family. Been gambling in deadwood over 15 years. No place ever came close to Caddies.

Room Tip: Pet rooms on 4
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
dee g: We are honored that you choose Cadillac Jack's as your "home away from home" for your trips to Deadwood. It it always a great pleasure to serve return guests, and even more so on such a special anniversary. Thank you for taking the time to recognize the staff and their efforts. "A little extra" is our motto and when we all give a little extra, our guests end up with a whole lot. We look forward to our next opportunity to welcome you back!