“Font Desk help”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Font Desk help”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I walked in on a Wed around 1:30pm wanting to check in but I knew it was early. I was greeted with a friendly smile and how may I help you. This gal, Sarah, was very helpful. She checked to see if they had rooms ready yet and she checked us in. Explained all the extras they offer and said if we needed anything else let them know. We stayed for 3 days and every time I walked by the front desk when Sarah was there she had a smile on her face. She helped us with questions we had or got us to the right people we needed to talk to. I had brought my mother and sister in law and brother with to celebrate the two womans birthdays. they had a great time. The rooms where really nice and they had friendly staff. The food was good at the Brown Café. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I will visit again. and I recommend you are helped at the front desk by Sarah and this will help make your day better

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny L
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
We are so pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations during your stay! Our associates truly do enjoy providing great customer service and they'll be glad to know that everyone enjoyed celebrating the ladies' birthdays with us. Thank you for recognizing Sarah for her efforts as well. I will be sure to pass along your comments to her. We hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Rapid City
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Upon checking in I got up to my room and at first glance it was ok. So I dropped my stuff off in the room and that's when I found a dead hornet in the middle of the floor and it had been there for a very long time. After hanging out down stairs at the bar I realized customer service was not this hotels strong suit at all. My waitress who was not busy at all was way to busy sucking up to this other guy who was having a party at the hotel next month along with all the other staff and managers that I was physically holding up my money clear as day and still could not get a drink! So I asked the first server that walked by and was thankful and left her a nice tip. The server who was getting me drinks before got upset and confronted me about asking another server for a drink and was very rude about it so I left and went back up to my room. I decided I wanted to watch a move, shower and order room service. The shower was freezing cold off and on for no reason, the robe they gave the room had a huge hole in the arm pit, room service took well over an hour and I could not get the movie to play. I called down to the front desk and the lady on the other line told me that she could not help me with the movie because she did not know how and hung up. Room service finally came with what was a very cold quasadilla and soggy nachos. So I just went to bed and hoped the next day would be better. I was wrong I woke up to housekeeping coming into my room!!! A big no no in my book I have worked in a lot of hotels as a manager and that is terrible. I called down to the front desk and said its 9am and my door says check out is at 12pm so why is house keeping coming I to my room. The front desk said oh we are sorry and I will call her manage at once and check out is at 11am so the back of your door must be wrong. Enough said I got up, got ready and got out of there ASAP this was the worst hotel trip I have had! I will not be returning in December for my next stay I will go elsewhere!

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank ARTL003
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It is unfortunate that you had such an experience during your stay with us and I apologize for it. We try extremely hard to make all our guests feel at home. We are always conducting refresher trainings to try and remain above the hospitality standard. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. I have brought your comments to our culinary team as well as reviewed with our entire management team and we are actively reworking our offerings and quality control with your review in mind. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back to see the changes we have made and provide feedback. Thank you once again for taking the time to post your comments, it's honest responses from guests such as yourself that we find ways to reevaluate and improve our level of service.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We came on a tour through Moose Mountain Bus Lines from Canada on Oct. 28-31, 2013. This bus line always stays at Cadillac Jacks but we heard a rumour that they'll be switching to another hotel in Deadwood which is a shame because Cadillac Jacks is first rate! Our room was in the non-smoking section on the 4th floor facing a hillside. The hotel room was very roomy and modern with first rate furniture, super clean and quiet. We took advantage of the new pool and hot tub. The pool is enclosed with glass walls making the view spectacular from the pool area. The gaming area was great fun and we actually spent the majority of our gaming at that resort. We had a buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant which was also first rate. All in all a great experience at Cadillac Jacks!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank KatheandLloyd
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor regarding your visit to Cadillac Jack's. We strive to make a 5 star impression on all of our guests, and we love to hear form our Moose Mountain family. I am glad to hear that you had the opportunity to take advantage of all the wonderful amenities that the we offer. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cadillac Jack's again. Cadillac Jack's or bust!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed 2 nights last month while sightseeing in the area. Drive the 7 miles from the interstate! You'll get a much more pleasant and larger room for the price of a budget motel. The bar, casino, and restaurant were welcomed amenities. Many casinos offer lodging deals, this one was exceptional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank EatSeeDo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to Cadillac Jack's. Our team works extremely hard to deliver outstanding service on a daily basis to ensure that all of our guests feel completely welcomed. Thank you again for your excellent feedback and we hope to see you back at Cadillac Jack's in the future.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a choice between a hotel in Sturgis, Spearfish, or Deadwood. We chose Cadillac Jacks because of it's proximity to activity. It's impossible to find a parking spot. If we knew valet was complimentary, we wouldn't have driven around the area looking for a place to park. Check in was quick and painless. Upon arrival to our room, like most people do, we quickly surveyed the room. The window looked it was never cleaned. It had white crusty stuff on the trim around the pane of glass. The ledge below the window and to the right of the HVAC unit in the room was filthy. The bathroom wall had a spot of blood on the wallpaper between the mirror and vanity. The light fixture outside the bathroom was crooked and dusty. The pillow on one of our beds had stains that were visible through the pillowcase.
The Historic Maintenance fee? It's my understanding this room is less than 10 years old. I'd be ok paying a maintenance fee if the room was properly maintained.
The food we ordered in the bar downstairs was ok. I'd probably stay somewhere else when returning to Deadwood. I wasn't too impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Catchm1725
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Working front desk of a high rates hotel myself in my hometown I tend to be more judgmental of other hotels than the average person but also know that mistakes happen. Which did we checked in and were checked into a room with a dirty bathroom and stains all over the chair when we went down to the desk Sarah and Courtney m were more then happy to take care of us and get us moved. Once in the new room the room was fine but nothing over the top. We found the bed to be uncomfortable we toss and turned all night and there were several lose strings on the couch which I get can happen but housekeeping should point these things out to maintenance. Service was very very poor in the brown rock cafe we were one of 3 other tables and at one point sat for 10 mins with empty drinks not to mention when we sat down took a very long time to even be waited on. We purchased the nachos appetizer and it was very plain with no flavor. Parking when we arrived was a nightmare and took us 20 mins just to even get into our hotel. all and all I don't know that I would stay here again would probably stay at the other choice property...

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 52110
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Look no more, this is the place to stay. No, it's not high end, but for $45-$65/night, I've never stayed anywhere so comfortable and clean. It's also nice to be exactly where the action is. I've stayed in this hotel at least 3 times; 3 times of consistency. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Rckymthgh
Kristi S, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your loyalty to Cadillac Jack's as your Deadwood destination. We treat all our guests as we ourselves would like to be treated when staying at a hotel. We want to create a positive, warm, and inviting environment with friendly and accomodating service in every area. Thank you for appreciating our efforts and we hope to see you again soon!