“Good room”

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed July 24, 2008

We stayed here for one night. We had a large, clean, comfortable room. Although the room was excellent, we were left a little unimpressed with the rest of the hotel. Casinos aren't our thing, and so the smokey atmoshpere and the fast food in the restaurant were a bit off-putting. The hotel is a few blocks out of Deadwood itself, but if you just want a comfortable place to sleep for the night, this is probably a reasonable option. If the casinos are what brought you to Deadwood, then we're sure you'll enjoy your stay, but it wasn't really for us.

Reviewed July 18, 2008

This is the second time we've stayed here. It's perfect! We stayed two weeknights for only $99 with tax. Can't beat that in Deadwood and the rooms are AWESOME and big. They come with a fridge and microwave which was a huge plus traveling with kids. The hotel is nice and quiet for the most part. In the early morning we heard a reefer truck outside but I shut the window and went back to sleep. The pool was saltwater which was nice, they provided towels and the hot tub was great. Only downfall, no continental breakfast. The casino is nice and clean but you sure don't win much. Staff was friendly. Internet was easy but you needed a cable, which they provide free of charge. The hotel is up the road from all the action and not a long walk. You can catch the trolley for a dollar if you don't feel like walking but we walked the majority of the time. It's about 4 blocks to the main downtown area and safe to walk. We actually saw a deer eating grass late one night alone the walkway. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2008

Someone in our travel group picked this hotel because it had a casino. Out of four couples, 2 enjoy casinos, 2 don't but most of us thought the rooms were OK, clean, bed comfortable, small refridgerator & microwave (nice) and a safe. We checked in at almost 4pm, only one person at front desk, very nice & polite, but it took a long time before anyone else came to assist, many waiting by then, so check in took a long time. Smoke from casino was evident in halls but not bad within rooms. Onsite restaurant not the best, the breakfast buffet was quite bad, not even worth the $7. Our room was $100/night, overall, OK but no great value. I don't know how the rate or rooms compare to other nearby motels. Americinn is a few blocks from downtown, easily walkable for most or catch the shuttle a few feet from the lobby. The Adams House Museum is interesting, depicting the history of Deadwood, about $5 (donation, I think). I'm more into nature than casinos so Deadwood was not a favorite of mine but 2 in our group hit $500+ slots, Cadillac Jacks (Americinn) and Mustang Sallys, so i can't complain.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We recently (June 2008) stayed at Cadillac Jack's Americinn. The rooms are very, very nice! VERY clean! the front desk staff was great and very helpful.

We played a little blackjack and found several of the dealers very friendly and helpful. But my husband is a poker player and found the poker at the Silverado to be much better.

The hotel is a little inconvenient if you are looking for a place to stay within walking distance of the downtown area. Plus there is major road work going on right in front of the hotel. But there is a trolley that runs often throughout the various properties.

we will definitely stay there again!

Reviewed July 9, 2008

I have stayed here before and had a less-than-pleasant experience, but this time it was great! Reading through the reviews, it seems like they have gone through some changes in the last couple of years. First the not-so-great - the breakfast buffet is pretty awful. Think of McDonald's type food but you have to pay $7.00. Lunch and dinner, however, are just fine. Also the "Starbuck's" (at the bar) is pretty lame. They don't do anything more complicated than a latte, and not too happy about that.

However, the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Ample free parking is a tremendous plus. It is an easy walk downtown if the weather is decent. We even crossed the road and discovered a creekside path that was exceedingly pleasant. The room was spacious and contained both a microwave and a fridge. Also one of the coolest views ever - since the hotel backs up to a cliff, we were able to watch a chipmunk scooting from left to right at eye level from our third floor room! OK, not for everyone, but I thought it was pretty fun.

I like the casino a lot. Good variety of slots. Also a plus that they pay off in tickets - many of the downtown casinos pay in yucky casino coins. There is also a ticket redemption machine. Having stood in line for 10 minutes at an unnamed (and unremembered) downtown casino to redeem my ticket at the cashier, I definitely appreciate the convenience of a machine.

On a previous visit, I didn't get the non-smoking room I had requested, and the staff didn't seem to care about my distress. This time there seemed to be plenty of non-smoking rooms, and the staff was a lot friendlier and more helpful.

Another advantage of the casino is the availability of free food and drinks. You can help yourself to soft drinks and coffee - also there are frequent tournaments when free food is set out. Like most places in Deadwood, the crowd skews pretty old, but after 9:00 things clear out and I could play pretty much any slot I wanted.

I enjoyed the Americinn a lot - will stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Well I'm not sure what the last person was talking about when they said the Valet person called in sick. My parents, my sister, her daughter and myself stayed there from 6/22/08 to 6/26/08 and I seen a valet person each day. As well as the complimentary USA paper. And I can tell you we didn't get up by 7am to go get the paper it was later then that and they still had them there. I thought it was a great place to stay, probably the best in all my times to Deadwood. So I know we will be staying there again when we come back to Deadwood.

I loved the huge rooms, the workers were very friendly, and it was neat and clean. Alot better then were we stayed the night before were we paid just as much for a room there as we did here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2008

When we booked this hotel, we decided to back out of our reservation at the Holiday Inn Express based on trip advisor reviews. The Americinn had rave reviews, which we found to not be quite accurate. The room was fine, except for the cigarette smoke that filled the hall and filtered into the room, even though it was a non-smoking floor.
When we checked in we wanted valet service - they said "person called in sick, just park your own car". The second and third day we were there the valet guy must have been sick also - no one was at the valet parking spot. Advertised complementary USA today - but if you slept too late and didn't want to get dressed and run to the lobby at 7:00 AM too bad, the few they had were gone. We also asked for our breakfast vouchers (don't all Americinns give you a breakfast?) they said they weren't doing that, but did acknowledge the reservation sheet I had which came from the Americinn site was dated only the day before and indicated a breafast voucher. Then they said we wouldn't want the breakfast anyway because it wasn't very good.
I sent my husband down to get Sarbucks coffee which he had to get at the bar and he came back with their free casino coffee in a Starbucks cup- it cost us $2.00. Our room had a coffee maker, but we were not left any coffee to make some both mornings we were there. The guys in suits and the slots that didn't pay out at all were also annoying - the suits reminded me of Vegas casinos late at night, but here, they were all over they place starting early in the morning - the whole experience gave me the creeps. Good luck, if you stay there.