“Robb at Cadillac Jack's in Deadwood, SD” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites

Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Deadwood
Austin, Texas
“Robb at Cadillac Jack's in Deadwood, SD”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I spent a month at Cadillac Jack's and it wouldn't have been the same without the bartender Robb. He went well out of his way to help me with everything I needed. The guy is a crown jewel of Cadillac Jack's and I'll make sure he's there during my next visit to Deadwood. When he wasn't behind the bar, it wasn't the same, warm environment that he brings to the room naturally.

I also had exceptional service from all the CJ staff, but Robb really stood out. I don't often (ever) write these sort of reviews but Robb treated me so well, this is the least I can do by way of thanks.

I also stayed at two central downtown hotels during my time there and wished I'd stayed at Cadillac Jack's.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James M
Deborah R, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you James M. for your recommendation. It warms our hearts to know we could excced your expectations. We also appreciate you taking the time to recognize our associate Robb for his hard work and dedication to you and all our guests. He will be delighted to know he made such an amazing impact on your stay. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
La Porte City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We booked three nights in advance at this hotel for our vacation to the Black Hills area thinking it would be nice not to have to live out of a suitcase. Except for difficulty finding a place to park in the parking lot everyday, the hotel itself is wonderful in every way but here's the rub. We wanted to book an additional 2 nights stay so we went to the front desk to inquire about availability. The desk clerk took a full five minutes to browse his computer to search for a room and said we would have to leave our King room, move over to a Queen room and would be charged an additional $175 for 2 nights stay. We went directly upstairs, fired up our computer and went to the hotel's website and discovered they did have King rooms available and the prices were no way close to $299/night so basically the staff at this hotel are told to lie to their guests and get as much money out of them as they can. I don't appreciate this type of behavior in business and after playing in the casino on our last night, discovered not everyone is charged the same for their rooms and it has nothing to do with what website they used to book the hotel or if they are frequent guests. These were people on vacation, just like us, who booked their rooms calling the hotel directly. We basically paid $50+ more a night for our three-night stay and because of that and the smug way the desk clerk tried to gouge us some more, I would not recommend anyone staying here!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Peggy G
Deborah R, General Manager at Cadillac Jack’s Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property "wonderful in every way" during your stay here in historic Deadwood. I am truly sorry if you felt mislead in any way regarding the rates you were quoted for the additional 2 nights you inquired about. The extra two nights happened to be Friday and Saturday night during the Deadwood Jam. Due to the popularity of this event, our rates do fluctuate based on availability, much like an airline ticket. Booking in advance is definitely recommended to our guests to getting the best rate possible. We also price match any rate you can book online.We invite you to join us the next time you're in Deadwood, furthermore, we look forward to your continued feedback. Your comments and experiences are crucial to making sure we deliver the best possible experience for every guest that stays with us.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights on our summer roadtrip. From the moment we walked in Jacob and the crew took care of us ..... got us checked in helped with a ton of luggage ... our rooms were clean / big / modern / very nice !!! The gave us coupons for bogo breakfast which was delious .... also had a free entry for hotel guests to the nightly slot tourney - we did this one night very fun .. didn't win much playing slots but they do pay some ... the blackjack dealers were very good and knowlegable had fun playing here ... don't have any complaints about this place at all .... when we go back to Deadwood which we will - we will stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Go here ....very nice place
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words about our associates. We value all your feedback, and your comments will be shared with the appropriate management staff from the Black Jack pit, to Jacob at the front desk, and the Restaurant. Yes, they do provide amazing service and they will be glad to hear that you appreciated them. We look forward to serving you again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The front desk manager, Jacob was so much fun! Another employee, Bruce, was friendly & recommended a great shop to visit! All the employees were friendly & greeted us each time they saw us. The staff was accommodating & laughed with us, had nice conversations, were personable & caring. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2013
SeaTac, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had no idea when we planned our trip that Deadwood would be having a weekend event. They shut down the streets, and you can't get into most of the hotels. We were lucky? I guess because there was a room at Cadillac Jacks, but it was VERY expensive. Not sure I have ever payed that much for a room in all of my travels. We were there Saturday night. We did like the ability to play in the casino downstairs and eat at the hotel restaurant. My knees were bothering me so I couldn't walk into town, but my husband did several times. We were offered a "special deal" to stay one more night, and after much thought decided to take the extra time. I was glad for the day of rest as our trip just kept growing in places we wanted to go and see. Would we go back? For us it is one of those "been there, done that, don't need to do it again". That is for the whole town experience. The hotel was fine, and people there were mostly friendly, we ran into a couple that I think were tired from all the event travelers. You know you have to take those things into account, and I know we talked to guys at the desk, and they were working very long hours. Having read DonnaB1950's review, I wish we had been there on a non event time because I love doing old cemetery strolling, and visiting historical things, so maybe we will have to go back, but not when it is sooooo busy!

Room Tip: If you want to see more of the town and surrounding area, check the city website for events prior to...
Winnipeg Manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from August 27th to the 30th. We have stayed here before and have never had any problems with this hotel whatsoever. It is a nice clean hotel for a very reasonable price. They have one of the busiest casinos in town and asa poker player I was able to get into a game every night. This isn't Las Vegas so the fact that their was always action in their poker room is a plus. I think there is only one other hotel in town that can say that. I am sure that I will return to Deadwood and when I do a will definetly consider staying here again.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

we were moving from Chicago to San Diego, stopping along the way at dog friendly properties. This was one of the few in Deadwood, and it sounded like fun. Unfortunately the 'dog' floor is also the smoking floor, and the cleaning crew forgot to remove a garbage can full of cigarette butts...we don't smoke, and the room smelled TERRIBLE. It took us about an hour to figure out where the smell was coming from.
The dog-friendly part of the hotel is a strip of cinder off the back of the hotel. My large dog would have nothing to do with it, insisting quietly on grass for her activities, LOL. There was a nice parkway and creek across the street, you just had to move fast to cross as it is the main street in town. Worked out okay, just not a perfect situation.
Parking is difficult: it's a casino, so the minimal parking is pretty full. We needed to valet park, and with a german shepherd dog in the car, this was a problem. The Valet was terrified, and there's no way we'd let him take the car/dog/car full of supplies to the underground parking.
The restaurant is good, the room was lovely. As frequent users of the hotel chain (Choice Hotels) we got coupons for the restaurant and for Starbucks, both of which we used. We were across the street from the rodeo, and got to see and hear bits and pieces. Since we couldn't attend (the dog), it was fun to see.
Deadwood is a really cute tourist town. I hope to get back some day. Next time my dog will stay home so I can fully enjoy the property!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family