“A ghost hunter's dream!”
Review of Bullock Hotel

Bullock Hotel
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Before we stayed at this hotel I read about most of the "paranormal" activity. I honestly do not believe in this and thought it would a fun place to stay. After my stay at the Bullock Hotel, I am now a believer! I was standing outside the door to our room (305) and I heard a male voice whisper to me, "CAN YOU HEAR ME?" I turned around and no one was on the floor but me! I freaked out! Needless to say, I didn't sleep much the last night we were there. When we returned home and developed pics, I do have a "mysterious blur" next to the Seth Bullock picture on the 3rd floor. The staff is AWESOME and very friendly and helpful! We love Deadwood and hope to return someday, but I think I may opt to sleep somewhere else simply because it totally freaks me out!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
14  Thank jtvann

Reviewed November 28, 2009

I just love this hotel. I stay here whenever I come to Deadwood. We came for the Black Hills Rally and the hotel never disappoints. It is a perfect Victorian/old west hotel with the modern conveniences and a ghost or two (namely Seth keeping an eye on his guests.) We were told that we had the most haunted room in the hotel, and I certainly believed the staff. One night while I was falling asleep on the bed I felt the corner of the bed mattress sink down and the pressure of someone sitting on my feet at the edge of the bed so that I had to move my feet away. Another night I went downstairs to the casino. My husband went to bed , and he locked the door. When I came upstairs later I realized that I had forgotten my key. The door was unlocked. My husband was sound asleep, and when I asked him in the morning if he had unlocked the door he said 'no, I thought you had your key'. Thanks Seth!
Wonderful, clean place with great atmoshere and friendly people in a great town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Layla57
Reviewed October 25, 2009

we stayed there , the accommodations were just what you would expect for an older hotel, but what I heard during the night was something else. At about 3:00 am I woke up because I heard someone or something rifling through my suitcase. At first I thought it was my husband but I felt him lying next to me. It was pitch dark in the room, so I couldn't see anything, but no one left or came in the room; I guess maybe it really is haunted.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roknrainey
Reviewed September 17, 2009

stayed in room 306, this one was a little small but seen that a lot of the others were larger, was adequate for what we needed and nice bed, clean and good location Coffee and 2 bottled waters in room. Did not have any ghost encounters and basement was roped off so we couldn't go down there, took a couple of pictures by the mirror on the 2nd floor and got the "A" in both pics, maybe it has something to do with the mirror being on the top of stairs that face a south window.
Free parking across street and they have a personal parking pass with your name written on it like they were expecting you. Love the place but wish I would of met Seth's Ghost

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank brendgo1
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Having never been to Deadwood before, I had no idea what to expect. However, I think the Bullock Hotel was the perfect choice. Communicating via email with the hotel was a bit challenging – the staff weren’t all that responsive, but we eventually got a room reserved for a few nights in May. The rate was something like $55 a night. Whoa.

Check-In is in the main building, in the casino. The woman at the front desk was gruff, but not entirely unfriendly. We got the keys to our room (217?) and headed to the Branch House – out the back door and across the street. At first the location of the Branch House seemed a bit shady – in the dark, next to a cliff with fallen rocks… and I was still a bit suspicious when we walked in to discover that the hallways were easily over 90 degrees F. BUT – once we got to our room, all was forgiven. The room was spacious, comfortable, climate-controlled, and quiet. Incredible. I couldn’t believe what a value this place was!

If I make it back to the Black Hills again, you better believe I’m staying at the Bullock.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank sinaasappelsap
Reviewed July 15, 2009

My husband and I spent 3 nights, Thursday-Saturday at the Bullock Hotel. We've been
to Deadwood before. Last year we stayed at the Franklin, which is about a 2 on scale
of 1-10. Bullock is at least an 8. Beautiful historic furnishings in room. We upgraded to
the Bullock Suite ,our original room, 201, was roomy and lovely but with a window looking into the hallway was a bit claustrophobic for me, we still got the AAA discount which helped with the price or the suite.. Great decision to upgrade. This room was gorgeous, included a jacuzzi tub...lovely view of Mainstreet.
Even though is was a smoking room(we don't smoke), never smelled any smoke, it
didn't bother us in the room and I am allergice to smoke.
Perfect location if you want to stay a few days, gamble, dine out,run gifts up to the room between shops, listen to blues (right across the street) or listen to Yancy at the Buffalo Stockade (1 block down,outside bar).
The lobby has slots but isn't a busy feel like the others in town. Nice, relaxing,
calm place to gamble. The ghost tour was fun. Didn't see old Seth Bullock but did
get some pictures with orbs and other mysterious things in the room mirror.
The parking, included is right across the street to the back, can't be more convenient
than this.
We had a great time, would absolutely come back again and try to get in one of the
suites again. Staff was friendly, ghosts were friendly...perfect time was had by all.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank netimetraveler
Reviewed July 13, 2009

We came from White Rock, BC to partake in the Deadwood experience!! We got all that we asked for. The charm of the Bullock, the staff, the stories, the history, the night life was well worth the trip. To see history alive in this great place just made us want to go back for more. There are so many day trips that you can do while you are in Deadwood. There were so many other neat little places that we found along the streets of Deadwood that gave more character to our adventure. The homes on the hillsides made it more quaint. We will be going back soon for another visit

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple