“Can't wait to come back!!”
Review of Bullock Hotel

Bullock Hotel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our third stay at the Bullock and there is no comparison to other hotels in the Deadwood area!! It is a trip back in time with all the great amenities as well. Along with clean, comfortable rooms and a caring staff, it made our stay absolutely great. We can't say enough about the staff, as they make you feel as like one of their family and can't wait to see you again.
We are already including a longer stay next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

We are glad to hear we met your expectations! We pride ourselves on giving the best customer service and also for giving the best value for your money! When you stay with us, you truly are like family and glad your were treated as such!

We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We came up on the bike from MN. the service was wonderful, the staff was great!!! Will come back again!!! Food was the best, we only had breakfast there. That was wonderful too!! Our rooms were clean, staff was helpful to our needs. Yes it was old fashion, but it was fun too. Only thing that would make it better would be A small refrigerator in the rooms would make it 100percent! Loved it!!! Our bed in room 202 was the Best!!! Sept like A baby!!!

Room Tip: I think they are all good!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! We are especially glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you make the Bullock your place to stay next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at the Bullock for 5 nights. Our room overlooked Main Street and was clean and very comfortable. Unlike other reviewers we didn’t have any ghostly encounters but the experience was good nevertheless. All the staff were friendly and helpful, at first we were unable to access the internet in our room, but this was quickly resolved by reception staff. Gambling was a new experience and the slot machines provided some good evening entertainment.

The town provides endless entertainment for tourists based on the Wild West theme. Would recommend this excellent, traditional style hotel for it’s historical reputation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Bullock! Our goal is to provide the best overall experience for our guests and we certainly hope we accomplished that while you stayed with us!

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope you come back and stay with us again. Who knows-maybe ol' Seth will pay you a visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at the Bullock and had a great time! The staff was more than accommodating and made you feel very welcome. The breakfast was awesome and the rooms made you feel like living in the past!! We had one of the best vacations in years and will be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Bullock! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we'll look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel July 30 thru August 5, 2013. The stay was very good as the staff was very friendly and very willing to help with all needs. The room was clean and the matress very comfortable. The assistant manager, Lucy, and John in the restaurant were The Best.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we agree that Lucy and John are the best!

Make sure you stay with us again next time you're in town! We'd love to see you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Bullock the first week of June 2013 (June 2nd & 3rd). It was our first trip to Deadwood. I was so excited to stay at the Bullock because I was a huge fan of the HBO series "Deadwood". My main reason to stay there was for historical reasons. It ended up being way more than that. The hotel and rooms are incredible. The staff is awesome. Omelets at Bully's are wonderful! We had such a great time I didn't want to leave.

We stayed in room 313 and yes...we did have an experience. We heard water running in our bathroom in the middle of the night. Before going to bed, I used a new neatly folded tissue as a coaster for my water on my nightstand so I wouldn't get condensation on the furniture. The next morning, I went to throw the tissue away the tissue and discovered a wad of gum wadded in corner of the tissue. My husband nor I chew gum...nor did we have any with us. Freaky!

There were complimentary mints on the desk in the room..my husband brought it to my attention. I didn't look right away...but then finally walked over and looked. I noticed one package was empty. I knew my husband didn't eat them because he's diabetic. Not thinking much about it...I walked back over to the vanity to finish getting ready for the day. My husband came out of the bathroom and walked by the desk and said "how was the candy?" I told him I didn't eat any. He said "one of the packages is empty." So in the time he told me about the candy on the desk and the 5 minutes or so before I walked over to see it...it disappeared.

It also felt like the bed shook from time to time. My husband also had someone tug on his pant leg as we were walking toward the lobby area.

I do have a picture of myself I took in the elevator and there is a strange blue/green glow on me. It's strange only because my flash on my phone is always turned off.

In short, a great stay, worth the money, and you never know what may happen. :)

Laura & Roger Dunning

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Laura M
Patricia B, Director of Sales at Bullock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

We are very excited to hear about your awesome experiences with ol' Seth! Sounds like he was up to his old tricks again! You can post your story on our facebook page as well if you'd like! I'm sure our friends would love to hear your story!

Thanks again for sharing! How exciting!

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bullock. Nice room, good size (we had 2 adults and an 11-yr old and were very comfortable), and spotlessly clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful at both the front desk and restaurant. Breakfast in Bully's was delicious.

For the history buffs, its a pleasure to stay in such a historic town and in its first hotel.

For the ghost hunters, we were in the famed Room 211. We didn't make any efforts to document anything and there are numerous explanations for what we experienced but to feed the legend, here goes... : ). If you google this room, you'll see a video about a mysterious clicking sound. My husband heard this noise in the middle of the night our first night there. When he watched the YouTube video AFTER we checked out he actually got goosebumps saying that was exactly what he heard. The second night around midnight something woke me up. As I lay there with the covers pulled up to my neck and refusing to open my eyes (I was being chicken), the bed shook like someone kicked the foot of the bed very hard. It scared me for a few minutes but the next morning I was laughing about it. I never felt anything negative while staying there and most of my apprehension about the place came after dark from my own imagination! If nothing else, it makes for a fun story. : )

Overall, the Bullock was our favorite place to stay on our 2 week, cross country road trip! Thank you Bullock staff for great service and thanks to Sherrif Bullock for that little extra kick that will be a part of our vacation travels forever!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank thatcherc2

We are so glad your enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sure glad ol' Seth paid you a visit!! It definitly makes for a great story and a great addition to your family vacation!

Hopefully, you'll make the Bullock your place to stay next time you're in town and you can say hi to your old friends!