“Management could care less”

Holiday Inn Express Deadwood
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I called to confirm my reservation they informed me they had two reservations for me and it was too late to cancel one that I would be charged for two I stated I had NOT booked two rooms it was just my husband and I he said there was nothing he could do... called the hotel the manager said she had one reservation for me no apologies nothing

At the hotel they put us in a handicap room the door we did not request one! the was open when we arrived the heat was on 80 the toliet seat was loose told the front desk three days in a row never was fixed I told the manager she could have cared less about any of it! I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank myra b
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Myra B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I am deeply sorry for the overall issues you had during your stay. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Deadwood, SD.

Anthony M
Case Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Everything in Deadwood is very cramped. The town is laid out in a long steep walled gulch (In fact the real name of the town is Deadwood Gulch). This Inn is no exception. It is a tidy, compact 4 stories with the lobby loading zone (20 minute parking!) on a narrow alley sized street. It is very new and quite handsome (a nice 4 story atrium) but there is only one very slow elevator. We never tried out the pool or spa pool because we forgot to bring our wet swim suits in from the car trunk and the car was four and one half blocks away in the municipal parking ramp - provided by Holiday Inn. The in-house casino was fun and competed well with the hundreds of others just outside the door. However, the free snacks and drinks during happy hour provided, by the Inn, were a dissappointment (five flavors of crackers and commercially packaged dip). The staff was pleasent, professional and compent. The room was beautiful and the bed was great. I did not like paying what we had to pay but it was pretty much the going rate for Deadwood. I would stay there again, but I would do something to avoid the walk ( I use a cane to get around) to the parking ramp.

Room Tip: The fourth floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear oyboy3,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay! I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apology on this issue. Deadwood can be very expensive, so I am sure your fellow traveler appreciate your tips.

Regards,
Brenda J.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent three days here. The location was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable. There is no safe or refrigerator in the room though.The breakfast was a typical breakfast for a hotel. There is a small casino attached to the hotel. There is a bar there with a very nice bartender, Tony. He was very nice and knowledgeable. It was fun place to stay. You could walk everywhere. Good restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the lobby. If you opened your drapes people acroos the way can see in. It was fi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Last week we spent three nights here while visiting Deadwood. The location was perfect. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the lobby was pretty much the standard free breakfast that most hotels offer. There is a small casino attached to the hotel - like you find in much of Deadwood. There was a small bar that we enjoyed, and Tony the bartender was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and its history. This was a nice stay, and a good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place was clean, staff was knowledgable and friendly, beds were very comfy nice t.v. The rooms have windows that face the lobby and the windows go from floor to ceiling so if you want a nicer view request the side that faces main st. We had an inside room but didn't really matter to us. We stayed there for Sturgis and actually enjoyed deadwood more than Sturgis. Overall great stay just new York prices during rally week. They had a pool and hot tub which my brother and I used one night but it was nice. Also would highly recommend the deadwood social club for a nicer upscale dinner and mustang Sally's for a good quick burger.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was by far the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed at! We've stayed at several HI express hotels and this one does the brand an absolute disservice. Food particles in the hallways and room floor, sticky bathroom, inch of dust on vanity and mirror in bathroom. Final straw was finding hair on the shower wall AFTER finding hair clumps in and on the side of the pool. Managements rebuke was the carpet was old and being replaced and they would 'talk' to the cleaning crew. Spend your night somewhere else in Deadwood!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn Y
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Dawn Y,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I apologize for the level of cleanliness that you encountered in our hotel. I want to assure you that this is not our standard and I am truly sorry you received quality that was less than satisfactory. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us.

Lera M
Case Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2012

We've stayed here many times, but this is the first time since being a member. Very nice hotel located right in the heart of Deadwood. Very friendly staff and clean rooms. Nice breakfast every morning. Will definately be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family