“A nice surprise”

BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 55 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Shawnee, Kansas
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We ended up eating at the restaurant by recommendations from another hotel we stayed at because all of the casino hotels served buffet breakfasts. Having two small children, we just wanted something small and simple off a menu. The waitresses were old school... and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. They have been doing this for a while and knew how to take care their customers. The food was good, but a little pricey for what you get... $9 for eggs, toast, and coffee. But the best was the giant caramel cinnamon rolls. YUMMY!! If you don't want the buffets, this is your place.

1 Thank 449mincat
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for you honest and nice review. We are glad you decided to dine with us. I agree with your the giant caramel rolls are the best. Our wait staff is truly awesome and we are lucky to have them with us. I will pass on your compliments to them.

Central Texas
“Excellent breakfast”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were staying next door at the Cedar Wood Inn, and stopped in for breakfast one morning. Food was great and service was excellent. I had a home made version of a McDonald's Egg McMuffin, but 100 times better. My husband had the omelet which was also pretty big and excellent. We also stopped to play a few of the casino games after breakfast while waiting for the rain to stop. Very friendly staff.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank CountryGal50
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for choosing to have breakfast with us while you were in Deadwood. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed your breakfast with us. We hope to see you again!
Toledo, Ohio
“No Service With A Smile Here”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I usually don't get too critical about breakfast but I was looking forward to having breakfast here based on the reviews. Overall the breakfast was very good and was just as I thought. However, the service of our waitress was not something to be desired. If you had all day with nothing to do then this is the breakfast for you. Since we were the only ones in the place our order was taken right away and the food brought out in good time. But as soon as other customers that she knew showed up that's when the service went downhill. She just talked with them constantly and ignored us. Twice she poured coffee for the customers behind us and went right by us. Keep in mind that only one other party was in the place with us. Also when it was time to pay, I had my money ready and still she ignored it until I had to say something. It shouldn't be that difficult to be somewhat friendly, or maybe it's time to find a different job.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BuckeyeTraveler68
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your experience with the Best Western Hickok House.
I apologize that we did not give you the quality of customer service we strive to give every customer in our restaurant. We pride ourselves in offering outstanding customer service and obviously we fell terribly short with your visit.
I hope that you will visit us again in the future and see that we do offer wonderful service and value everyone who eats with us.
We will be addressing the issues you have brought up in this review to assure they do not happen again.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chile rellenos!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Hickok house does not disappoint. I have been here numerous times. The chile rellenos are a treat. They aren't your typical relleno. They wrap chopped green chilis and cheese into a tortilla and fry it up then top it with their homemade green chili. I dream about them. So good. The steak tips are also amazing. Many restaurants in Deadwood claim to have the best tips, but hickok house wins by a long shot. They will never disappoint. Lightly breaded and then fried to the temperature of your choice. Always tender and the beef they use is super fresh. Service is spot on whether the restaurant is full or empty. I highly recommend this place if you are in Deadwood.

Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of us. We are glad that you enjoy your meals with us. We do feel we have the best Steak Tips in town also.Great service and quality food is always a priority for our customers.
We hope to see you soon.
Custer, South Dakota
“Breakfast”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had breakfast before we left town, Food was awesome and the service was great. We will stop here again.

Visited March 2014
Lynda D, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hickok House Restaurant, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. I do agree with you, i think our food is pretty tasty also. Our restaurant staff is pretty awesome and does provide some of the best service in Deadwood. We are proud that the locals recommend our restaurant. We haope to see you again soon.