“Excellent Meal!!”

The Deadwood Social Club
Ranked #3 of 55 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Northern Italian Steakhouse
“Excellent Meal!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Deadwood Social Club was a great place if looking for a nice night out. My husband said its the best meal from a restaurant he's had in a long time!
We started with the Mediterranean Flatbread. It was tasty. A nice balance of flavors and the bread was crispy on the bottom yet chewy under the toppings. We each started with a wine flight. I went with the white and my husband the reds. Both were a nice selection and presented with descriptions. Homemade dressing highlighted the dinner salad.
My husband had the Pork Osso Buco and it was fantastic. Very flavorful with a crispy outside and moist and tender inside. It was served with a creamy rice. I had the Chicken Wellington and really enjoyed the flavors. It had a nice light mustard sauce and steamed broccoli was served alongside the chicken breast.
For desert our server recommended the tiramisu or one of their many flavors of homemade cheesecake. We went for the tiramisu - it was to die for!!
Contrary to some of the other complaints on this site, our server was excellent. He was very accommodating and we were pleased to find his recommendations were spot on. The only complaint I have is that our table for two was in a very busy and noisy spot that the servers walked through constantly. If they hasn't been so busy, we probably would have requested to be seated on the other side of the restaurant.
Overall, we had a wonderful experience and will be back next time we visit Deadwood!

1 Thank Kjblack

Dryden, Canada
“Old saloon”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We liked the old saloon with the wood shavings on the floor, old chair, old barrels and the timeless pictures on the walls. We played the one arm bandits and shared a brew.

Visited October 2012
Rapid City
“Thank You Saloon #10”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Having just finished our 34th annual Ski For Light event, I just have to pass on my thanks to the #10 for the hospitality they have extended to us over the years. I'm sure that under the sawdust on the floor, there must be a red carpet that they roll out for us year after year. From the 'Monday Night Feed' to Friday's "Ten at Ten," the owners and staff unselfessly give us their very best. Thanks, you are the greatest. To those of you who are planning on visting Deadwood, you simply must stop in at the '10.'

Visited January 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Fun place, and Immaculate!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We couldn't eat here because they were deep-cleaning that day, after a busy weekend, but we had fun looking around. It's supposedly the same bar where Wild Bill Hickok was killed while playing poker, and they have the "original" chair on display above the front door. Whether the chair is the original or not, whether the bar is the same location or not (google lists several sites questioning the authenticity), it's still a fun place to visit. The dubious authenticity just adds to the ambience, sort of like Harvard's statue of 3 lies.
I must say I have never seen anyone deep clean like these people were deep cleaning this restaurant. By the time they were done, you could eat off the floor! They didn't just clean under the tables, they were MOVING all the furniture to clean under everything. And it's not just any restaurant where you can eat with your family and play the slots at the same time. I'd love to go back when it's open for business. I'm just glad they let us look around even though they weren't serving food.
P.S. Whatever you do, don't get on the elevator or go upstairs to the restaurant above. It sucks! We had to eat there (Social Club), because they weren't serving downstairs at Saloon #10, but we should have just left hungry!

• Visited November 2012
Shreveport, Louisiana
“The locals lied! Both food and service horrible! Just look at the chair downstairs, then leave and eat elsewhere!”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We ate there in November, which apparently is the off-season, at lunch. First I ordered the chili, and my wife ordered the chicken pot pie, and we ordered 4 pulled pork sandwiches for our 4 children. The chili was awful, so much so that I sent it back. I have never sent back food at any other restaurant in my life, so that really says something. It was served in a "bread bowl", but that bread bowl was so terribly stale it was inedible. My wife's "chicken pot pie" turned out to be some frozen veggies heated up and served with a canned biscuit over the top. It was so terrible, that we actually laughed about it. When I sent back the chili, after one bite, the waitress apologized and offered to bring me something else, and suggested a pulled pork sandwich like I had ordered for my children. I assented, assuming I would only be charged for either one or the other. At least the pulled pork sandwiches were pretty good. Nothing special, but edible.
When my check came, I saw they charged me for both the chili AND the pulled pork sandwich plate! Worst of all, I had asked that they bring it out in a to-go box, so I didn't discover until we were at our car that they hadn't included the fries with it! I got charged for them, just didn't get them. It was absolutely the most disappointing visit to any restaurant we have ever visited. As starved as we were on our busy day of sightseeing, it very nearly ruined our day. Next time, we'll wait to find a McDonald's drive-thru. It's ridiculous to spend over 50 bucks on a horrible lunch that you don't even enjoy. Did I mention it took nearly an hour for our food to come out? An hour of our day just wasted!
We enjoyed looking at all the pictures downstairs in Saloon #10, and Wild Bill Hikock's chair and all. I just wish we hadn't found the elevator to the restaurant upstairs.... :(

• Visited November 2012