“Killer Food, Nice Staff, Here's How to Find It”

The Deadwood Social Club
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Northern Italian Steakhouse
Valley City, North Dakota
“Killer Food, Nice Staff, Here's How to Find It”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The Pheasant Pasta is just plain incredible. Not because it's pheasant, which I love to eat all by itself, but because the pasta is perfectly made and cooked and the sauce is extraordinary. A very rich cream sauce with flavors of garlic and perhaps stock. There are also mushrooms, pungent cheese (Asiago?) and sundried tomatoes in the dish. I thought the tomatoes would overwhem the delicate flavors, but on the contrary, they added a sublte sweetness and were more muted than a typical sundried tomato, which was perfect.
The blue cheese dressing on the salad was indeed terrific as others have said here. My partner had a sundried tomato vinaigrette that was also really good. They had Italian soda bread with the meal, which was surprisingly (and pleasantly) unlike any other boring soda bread I have had. Was more like just a regular white yeast bread.
The wine list is ridiculously long. Pages and pages and more pages long. I'm impatient, so I just had a nice little glass of sherry.
Our server was Ben, and he was very courteous, sincere, and on top of things. The pace of the meal was fast, but not too fast. I am a slow eater and I got to finish my salad before Ben brought out the entree. And at the first sign of me slowing on my entree, Ben stopped by the table and I asked for a box.
FINALLY (sorry this is so long, I really loved this place)--to find this place: if you can walk stairs the easiest thing to do is just go to Saloon #10 and before going in, look for a door with "Deadwood Social Club" scrawled in small letters on its glass. This door leads to a plain staircase and the restaurant is at the top of the staircase. Or if you are not so nimble, go into Saloon #10, go all the way to the back and you will find an elevator.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Amber H

Valley City, North Dakota
“Lots to look at, friendly staff”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We always go to Saloon #10 when we are in Deadwood just because it is comfortable. Slightly dark in the bar, usually we visit in the middle of the searing South Dakota afternoon. It's usually pretty quiet then, which we like, and just one astute bartender on staff, friendly but not overfriendly and on top of keeping our drinks full. Perfect.

• Visited May 2012
New South Wales, Australia
“Yummmm.... Chilli and wings”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We called in and had a beer and a snack in the middle of the afternoon. Great atmosphere even though it was close to empty and plenty of stuff to look at on the walls.
The chilli in a bread bowl was delicious and so were the chipotle chicken wings. Would definitely eat here again.

San Diego CA
“Very good choice!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We came on a Wed night mid week in the winter. The town was dead but the social club was happening. The food was GREAT and the staff wonderful. Our waiter had god suggestions, was friendly and made our meal pleasant. The soup was a good choice (potato bacon cheese) and the pheasant was super! Recommended.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank United858
Sidney, Montana
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Everything here was AMAZING!!! The service, the atmosphere, the food...! We ordered the rosemary cheese sticks for an appetizer. When the waitress placed them on our table, we were expecting normal fried mozzarella sticks but these were homemade and were AMAZING!! I was surprised to find onions and tomatoes in my chicken tortellini but it gave it the perfect kick! It was delicious!! Can't wait to come back!!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Allison406

Been to The Deadwood Social Club? Share your experiences!