“Great food, relaxed atmosphere”

The Deadwood Social Club
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Deadwood
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Northern Italian Steakhouse
Reviewed April 3, 2011

We ate here on our second night of our trip -- after Jake's. I wish we had gone here instead of Jake's on the first night! The atmosphere is more relaxed. We were in a sort of hallway area booth, but it seemed loud in the other room and in the bar. I think there was an event going on. But where we sat was just fine.

We got the artichoke appetizer based on some reviews here but I wasn't that impressed. It was alright but far from the best I've had. For dinner I had the Smoke Tuaca Pheasant. DO NOT MISS THIS. I savored every bite of this. I was hesitant because I don't usually like game birds, but I took a chance and it paid off. This was simply amazing. This is the kind of dish I expected from Jake's. But they also give you a big portion. I couldn't finish it so my husband did. He loved it also and wished he got it himself.

They have a very large drink list here. I had a Peach Pizzazz martini that was very good. I would definitely come here if I wanted to have a few drinks. Atmosphere is relaxed. Jeans are fine and I even wore sneakers. Didn't have a reservation but they seated us right away on a Friday night.

If I'm ever in Deadwood again, I will no doubt eat here.

3  Thank CitBree

Reviewed January 12, 2011

Visited this establishment based on trip-advisor reviews. Ordered the rib eyes and my husbands was good, but mine was fun of grizzles and was only able to eat about half of it. Tried the buffalo appetizer and it was O.K. Service was excellent with Jonathan. Price was what to be expected with a better meal. Will not go back next time. Too many other restaurants to choose from. We don't drink so I can't comment on that.

4  Thank TexasCoveGal
Reviewed January 5, 2011

We were out in Deadwood for our annual (8 of last 9 years) New Year's Eve trip again this year. I was playing poker in the Saloon 10 and overheard some people talking about the restuarant above. They heard they had great steaks and some dynamite pasta. I'm a big pasta guy so I rounded up my wife and 6 of our friends and we headed upstairs to the Deadwood Social Club.

I had the Smoked Tuaca Pheasant and it was honestly one of the best meals I've ever had, for sure the best pasta dish I've ever had. I even got the "that must be a good dish since you are almost done with it and the rest of us aren't even half done!" All the others in my group also were very impressed with quality of the food and everythign else about the experience. The only distration was some rowdy cowboys at the table next to us but what's Deadwood without some rowdy cowboys?!?

The extensive wine list was also very impressive and anyone would be able to find a wine that they would enjoy with their meal.

4  Thank LittleBasz
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I have been here several times and every time has been a wonderful experience. The wine bar is surprisingly wonderful and the cuisine is always tasty. They must have a great chef. The atmosphere is what you expect from the name of the restaurant - that old west feel.

3  Thank kogrone
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I was just not comfortable in this restaurant. I wasn't crazy about the menu either. The food was just so so.

6  Thank LyndaGail

Been to The Deadwood Social Club? Share your experiences!