“Great stay at a Quality Hotel”

The Lodge at Deadwood
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Deadwood
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Our intent was to enjoy the hotel, ski and not spend much time in Deadwood. The hotel is new modern and very clean. Rooms have good space we had a double queen deluxe with fridge microwave and pullout couch. No issues with the rooms clean and comfortable. The pool area is a plus great for kids not so much for older kids such as teens but for our six year old it was a blast. The sports bar called Oggie's was located just off of the casino served good bar food ate there both nights of our two night stay. The casino is very good did not win much money but there were choices galore for table games and slots. Free bottled beer when playing table games and tap beer when at slot machines. Dealers were friendly and helpful.

Keep in mind that it is a short drive into Deadwood we did not use the shuttle that was available.

The price is a bit spendy but you get what you pay for a good quality stay at a resort like hotel.

This property does have a resort feel everything you need is right there. It is hard to find much wrong with the hotel. The elevators are a bit slow but besides that I can't think of anything else that is of concern at this hotel. It is well worth the stay if you are traveling to Deadwood and want to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown.

2  Thank stdokl
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor! It is greatly appreciated to hear feedback from our guests. We look forward to having you visit again soon.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We loved our stay here. We ended up spending more time at the hotel since most every thing in Deadwood was closed that day (Monday's aren't a great day for that town! Even the museum was closed). So we really enjoyed playing in the pool with our daughter. The food at Oggie's was great - we ate there twice! Our room was beautiful and clean. Our view could have been a bit nicer (it was looking out at the wall of another part of the hotel... so no view at all) but we weren't in the room for the view. I enjoyed a little bit of the casino and won. Would stay here again, but I'd love to come in the summer season when we can enjoy the town of Deadwood too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

The Lodge At Deadwood would like to thank you for your comments. We strive to maintain the highest level of satisfaction, and appreciate your kind response to our efforts. We very much hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After staying at the Lodge I will never stay at another Deadwood Hotel again. The whole hotel is spa like! Everything about it is top of the line as far as luxury and comfort. The entire hotel is spacious and clean. The rooms are tastefully decorated, nice sized and clean. I truly felt like I was in a spa resort. We didn't eat at the restaurant but others in our party did and spoke highly of it. The casino was large and well kept, the pool area was clean and the kids had lots of fun using it. The rooms allowed very little sound in so that a good night's rest was possible, housekeeping did a wonderful job and the entire atmosphere was relaxing. We paid a little under $99 because we got a special price for our basketball team and I felt that was a steal. I would have paid more for the accommodations and not felt the least bit cheated. Wonderful place to stay! If I were going up with just my husband I would stay at the Lodge where I could go into Deadwood and enjoy the fun but then go back to the Lodge where the surroundings are quiet, beautiful and the hotel relaxing rather than the noise that I would hear staying in downtown Deadwood.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We began our stay on 3/24/12. The hotel is nicely decorated. Employees are friendly. The reason that I booked this hotel mainly was for the kid splash pool. I have young children and an area that appeals to the 2 yr old up to the 12 year old works very well for our family. A lot of the other hotels in the area had basic pools that my 2 year would not be able to fully enjoy. Also other hotels with waterslides drop you into deeper water so that also would not work for my younger children who cannot yet swim. The drive from here to Mount Rushmore was beautiful & peaceful. The hotel sits atop a mountain and the views are great. The rooms are comfortable and modern. I really have no complaints. We had a double queen with queen size sleeper sofa. We also had a microwave & fridge which worked out really well. We did not have to eat out for every meal as we brought food in a cooler fo home. If I planned to come to this area again, I wouldn't think twice about booking again. Also the rate was very reasonable. Do not gamble so I cannot comment on the casino, but it is smoke free and looked very well kept/clean.

Room Tip: A lot of the surrounding businesses are closed as this is the off season. Most do not open up until...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

The staff and management at The Lodge At Deadwood would like to thank you for your comments. It is greatly appreciated to hear feedback from our guests. I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed the only indoor water playland in the area with features like a huge whirlpool, basketball area, killer whale slide, and Lil’ squirt play features. Thank you again, and we hope to see you at the Lodge again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed here March 18 & 19. After hiking, camping, 1200+ miles of driving, fast food, sandwiches we needed a place to rejuvenate. We did not have a reservation not knowing when we would arrive but had checked prices online. The hotel prices were different but they did happily match the online prices. Brittany and Sean were friendly and was able to check us in early so we could shower and relax.

Most impressive is how everyone that works here has pride in their establishment. I saw EVERYONE pitching in to straighten up, pick up glasses, help customers, AND friendly. The place was immaculent!!! A little slow on drink service but I don't think they have many working off season. I have never walked into a hotel where the rooms looked just like the photo but this one does and so very clean. Comforable beds! ALl non smoking.

The hotel/casino is spacious, not tons of tables or slots. We didn't win here but is/was a nice stay. Food was good. It was a slow time since we came off season but had a great time chatting with the locals as well. If we ever make it back to this area would definately stay again!! You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Unless you plan on sitting outside, save the extra money and don't get the rooms with a balcony...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeanandMelania

The staff and management at The Lodge At Deadwood would like to thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you were able to relax and rejuvenate yourself during your visit at the Lodge. Our staff at the Lodge takes great pride in the beautiful facility and we believe it shows. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that you return to the Lodge of Deadwood in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

My recent stay here came at the end of a 2500 mile road trip through Montana. I was more than ready for something other than Best Western or Holiday Inn Express, which seem to consume most of Montana. I was impressed with this hotel more than anticipated. The staff were all nice and courteous, the casino was extremely large and uncrowded; I even won enough $$ to pay for the entire week-long trip. When I booked the room, I was asked if I wanted a balcony. I got the balcony, but it wasn't worth the extra cost considering the balcony only overlooked snow removal equipment in the side parking lot. From what I could ascertain, the only reason to get a balcony was to go outside and smoke; that didn't interest me.
The room was extraordinarily comfortable and quiet and the downstairs bar served excellent food by professional staff. The one hitch I incurred the entire stay occurred requesting a table in the main dining room The place had one table, 4 adultd three kids. The hostess sat me right next to their table. The kids were running amuck and the floor surrounding the table was covered in child thrown food. Not wanting to have dinner in a McDonald's atmosphere, I asked if she could reseat me at the adjoining bar. She seemed surprised that I asked to be move
Next time I'm in this area of the country, I'll stop and stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to respond on Tripadvisor about your experience at the Lodge. We strive to make every guests experience their very best that they have ever had while on vacation. If you are every in the area again Thank you again for your comments and I hope to see you again on a return visit to The Lodge At Deadwood in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed two nights for the Mardi Gras celebration - Feb 10-11-2012. Wonderful rooms. Excellent food. Casino was fun but not real lucky for us. Plenty of parking and the shuttle will pick you up if you want to go downtown. Overall an excellent experience, and we will be back.....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
DeadwoodLodge, Manager at The Lodge at Deadwood, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

The staff and management at The Lodge At Deadwood would like to thank you for your comments. It is greatly appreciated to hear feedback from our guests. Hopefully your luck will change on your next visit to the Lodge.